Print

Author Topic: Most TV is crap  (Read 22759 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »
I laughed at it too. I didn't think about the gender.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »
Did anyone else notice how my post in the sister thread included barely any shows? That's where I come in here.
Yes, most TV is crap. Reality TV is NOT reality, it's marketing. American Idol became a telethon last season (actually, this can be a point to support the previous sentence and the sentence before it.) Also, any other talent show on television right now came straight from American Idol. America's Got Talent: three judges, one girl, one judge very strict (and he even said, "off you go," which is a trademark statement by Simon Cowell.)
There is no good TV anymore. TV died around 2003 when all of the great shows from the 90s were canceled (Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Dexter's Laboratory, the old Simpsons, Powerpuff Girls, old Spongebob, etc.)
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 08:16:06 PM »
There is no good TV anymore. TV died around 2003 when all of the great shows from the 90s were canceled (Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Dexter's Laboratory, the old Simpsons, Powerpuff Girls, old Spongebob, etc.)
Quoted for truth and great justice.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »
And for inaccuracy too, maybe?
The current Doctor Who series for the win. And also Smallville isn't half bad these days. All the shows Mr. Melee listed are comedy cartoons. There are a lot more kinds of shows besides those. The truth is, there has always been a pitifully small amount of good television. Saying it "died" because the few shows you liked (not much variety to them anyway, apparently) changed or stopped is just plain illogical. You sound like this guy I have to hear at work complaining about how the only good music ever produced on Earth was mainstream rock and pop from the mid '60s to the mid '80s. In other words, completely ridiculous and baseless!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:42:42 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 01:01:20 PM »
I'd also like to say that cancelling Powerpuff Girls and Dexter at that point was a good move, because those two shows were already being dragged through the dirt in that time.

There's also the fact that people overlook great shows like the already ranted about Veronica Mars and Arrested Development.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »
True, Mr. Wiggles, the new episodes of PPG and Dexter sucked, they changed the art design and the personalites of some char's, but the oldies rock.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »
I'm more mad that they don't show reruns of the old episodes on CN.  And I don't get Boomerang anymore. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 12:10:39 AM »
I have the entire Dexter's Laboratory series burned on a couple DVDs.
That was a joke.

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2007, 03:21:48 AM »
Sorry Mr. Wiggles, already married, to Veronica Mars. But I understand how you feel. VM was the best show ever IMO. It still make me really sad that it's canceled... :(
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »
See, I admire all of those that find the weirdest or most unpopular shows/music/people/etc. and realize their greatness, such as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Buckethead, and Dragonforce. Space Ghost had out-of-place humor, and that made it great to me; it could also be characterized as "so bad it's awesome." Buckethead is just...wow. He's so good he doesn't need any singers, and he could play with no one behind him and A-M-A-Z-E everyone. He's just so great, and if you get past the weirdness, you realize he's just a guy putting on a show. Lastly, I'm not sure how popular Dragonforce is, but to me, they're awesome. Their guitarists are incredible, being able to play so fast for so long (their songs are an average of 7 min., and they are the fastest guitar players ever (or at least I've heard)) The vocals may be a bit corny, but they amplify the song, and so do the keyboards (and what's cooler than a keyboard that looks like a guitar?)

My final point is that I have respect for weirdness, as I am one of the weird. I could probably hang out with Les Claypool, and we'd be friends in a few minutes. Weirdness also expresses originality, and I love to be myself. So, praise be to those who only want to be themselves.

Sorry that I got off-topic. Perhaps I could get back on with the topic of The Price is Right (even though TPiR was a great television show.) Does anyone else think that Rosie O'Donnell is NOT the host for The Price is Right (you know, not right for the job?) I'm not saying this because of her preference of types, but I truly think she'd not be a very good host for The Price is Right. There is a possibility it could go down well, though, and Bob Barker says that she "has it." However, I would rather see someone like the host of The Match Game on The Price is Right, Gene Rayburn (unfortunately, he's dead XO.) What do you guys think?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »
Good ol' shows:

Nick:

-Rocko's Modern Life (VERY Fav)
-Angry Beavers
-AHHH Real Monsters
-Figure It Out
-Are You Afraid of teh Dark?
-Kablam!
-The Stick Stickly Shorts
-Pete & Pete
-Double Dare & DD 2000
-Legends of the Hidden Temple
-Alex Mach... I guess
-Wasn't Animorphs on too?
-...and the black dude who was the alien. What show was that..?

Cartoon Network:

-Dexter's Lab (VERY Fav)
-Ed, Edd, & Eddy (VERY Fav)
-Cow & Chicken
-And when they played old Looney toons way back when. I watch those on the net.

Cars:

-Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May
-Road & Track
-Power Block on Spike
-Fifth Gear with Tiff Needel, smiling British killer car driver. Can and will drift anything!\
-Car and Driver
-Etc.

Misc.

SMW cartoons
Super Show cartoons
SMB3 cartoons
I watch all those on youtube.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Formerly quite reasonable.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2007, 02:30:28 PM »
-...and the black dude who was the alien. What show was that..?

The Secret Life of Allen Strange?

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2007, 08:02:57 PM »
The Journey of Allen Strange
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »
Yeah, that's it! Too many Nick shows to keep track of.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2007, 09:44:46 PM »
I have both DVD sets of the SMBSS.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print