Print

Author Topic: PaperLuigi's Challenge  (Read 42640 times)

« on: January 12, 2008, 10:46:31 AM »
This is kind of a strange idea, but I thought it'd be a good idea nonetheless. It popped into my head the other day when I thought "What if for one month, another member and I stop posting comments and communicate solely through posting images?" Well, through that came this topic, and since it is January, it's a pretty good time to start the challenge. Here's the deal: for one month, I and another member will follow strict rules dictated by a challenge announced at the beginning of the month. There are no awards for completing the challenge, other than the recognition for completing the challenge itself (hey, at the end of the year you can look back and say "Yeah, I did that!"). There will be 12 challenges (because there are 12 months) and in order to qualify for the challenge, you must volunteer. It's first come first serve, so if you want to take the challenge, be sure to volunteer quickly . I will do every challenge with you (you won't be alone, don't worry). If you don't want to do the challenge, or think that this idea is stupid, don't respond and you will be ignored. You must come to this board everyday (if you can't come to the board a certain day, it's no big deal, just don't avoid the board for weeks at a time) until your challenge is up so that everyone knows you're not trying to avoid your obligation. This may not be for the feint of heart, so make sure you are ready to accept the challenge before you volunteer. The challenge will start as soon as I get a volunteer. The next challenge will be decided by either myself or the person who completes the challenge that precedes it. That way, those who pull through and make it to the end of the month have the opportunity to decide the fate of the next challenger. The next challenge will be decided by myself and no one else (don't worry megamush, I will still use your challenge idea for a later month) because I have a full list of challenges that are all fairly difficult (some of them are pretty tough) and I want to be sure I can use them all. Those who complete the challenge will have their name engraved next to the challenge under the title "Challenge Master" for all the world to see, so if you think that's worth fighting for, come on down! If for any reason you must drop out in the middle of a challenge, tell me and I will replace you with someone else. Just be sure it's for a good reason. I don't want someone taking a challenge then wuss out because they don't want to do it anymore.

1. January Challenge
From January 12 to February first, one member and I will be required to speak like pirates.

Challenge Master: Megamush

2. February Challenge
From February 1st to March 1st, one member and I will only be allowed to post in the Forum Games.

Challenge Master: Glorb

3. March Challenge: This is a tough one and might not have a challenge master. From March 1st to April 1st, you must post 1 facts about yourself and 1 lie about yourself each day in the Pointless topic. I will try and guess which one is fact and which one is fiction. If you trick me, then you recieve a point. You need 15 total points to earn the title, which means you must trick me 50% of the time.

Challenge Master: N/A

Total Points Earned: 2

4(a). April Challenger: From April 1st to May 1st, one member and I will only be allowed to post once a day.

Challenge Master: Mr. Wiggles

4(b). May Challenge: From May 1st to June 1st, one member and I will only be able to use quotes from wikiquote.com to post.

Challenge Master:

5. June Challenge: From June 1st to July 1st, one member and I must brainstorm and post a topic that gets at least 120 replies or 1600 views within a month. We only get 2 chances to make a topic, and one of them must make it to 120 replies by the end of the month. This is the 2nd of the 3 most difficult challenges.

Challenge Master:

6. July Challenge: From July 1st to August 1st, one member must speak in riddle and ryme instead of regular commenting. To win this challenge, the challenger must trick the other forum members. The other forum members will get one chance to guess the riddle (though it doesn't matter who tries to guess). If that member guesses wrong, then the challenger gets a point. The challenger needs 15 points to win. Also, to prevent from earning extra points, the challenger will only be allowed to post once per day in the topic of his/her choice.

Challenge Master:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _

April Challenge: Mr. Wiggles

May Challenge: luigigalaxy

June Challenge:

July Challenge:

Names on the sign up sheet are pending, which means these guys are not obligated to take the challenge if they don't want to. They can take there name off at any time before the challenge begins, and they can also join back up if they change there mind. If the list is full however, you can't join a challenge until a person on the list quits before the challenge begins. If the list is full, don't ask me to consider you for the next challenge until all three of these challenges are completed.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:22:14 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »
megamush acepts your challenge...

...one question, can there be words in the pic?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:02:11 PM by megamush »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
Yes, but you cannot post words yourself.

Okay, the challenge begins! Megamush and myself will only use images to respond starting now.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 12:28:10 PM »
Huh. I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who can complete this. I imagine it'd take a sort of zen thing not to go crazy from only posting images. Maybe I'll join next month's challenge.
every

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 06:39:02 PM by megamush »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
This is weird on so many levels... any idea if we could set some kind of record?

P.S. Broken images could spell disaster for communication here! (maybe it's just my comp, but I'm looking at you, megamush's post above me.)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
megamush linked a picture off of his hard drive. It works for him and anyone else with the exact same directory structure.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »
I am going to become pretty irritated if enormous images start entering Mario Chat.

Just so you know. By the way, megamush didn't even link an image off of his hard drive; there wasn't any extension, nor was it the proper link for something on a hard drive.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 06:39:50 PM »
I am going to become pretty irritated if enormous images start entering Mario Chat.

Just so you know.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »
...This is going to be a very long month.
Go Moon!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
Everyone start asking a whole bunch of deep, philosophical questions.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 08:54:29 PM »
Not to rain on your parade (I seem to do that with a lot of people, apparently), but I've got a feeling this challenge will be stopped beyond your control within a short time from now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »
Mostly because there's only so many image macros on the internet. I predict we'll see a lolcat by the end of tomorrow.
every

Print