Print

Author Topic: Mario vs. other mascots  (Read 8686 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2000, 02:48:26 AM »
I remember Zool ^_^ And the freaky candy world with a big bee boss. It was supposed to be the Amiga mascot wasn't it?

I feel Mario is the best mascot because he has never been "hip". Cool fads come and go, but being a podgy plumber has never been cool, so he has instant longevity. No-one's going to laugh at him in ten years time any more than they do now...

But a Sonic game where Sonic runs about and spurts a pile oh hip lingo and funky poses... that's just asking for trouble.

And Lara Croft doesn't have nice breasts... because she's a god**** computer generated cartoon... And besides, even if she were real, I go for handlability, not sheer size.

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2000, 10:01:27 AM »
Yeah. Mario isn't really "cool", so he'll probably live on for a long time. I'm not a 100% Mario freak, so I like a lot of other games. My saying for video games is "If I like the game, I play it." Other mascots come close to Mario, but just almost. I'm talking about people like Link or Samus(I love both of those series of games). Sure, other mascots can be cool all they want, but I'm stick with Mario for a while. Not that I don't like other ones.

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2000, 01:00:41 PM »
What I was trying to say was the fact that M64 could be COMPLETELY 2D if Nintendo wanted, it would be Exactly the Same, but in 2D. Okay?? So STOP Flamin' Sonic & Crash man! They both rule! *People throw apples at Sonic & Crash* OKAY! THAT'S IT! *Rips open Costume revealing Sonic Zoid Y2k from SHQFourm* Oh, and before I go into my Sonic form, Bowsa, are you biased? Because I don't like Biased people who say they don't like something if they didn't ever try it. MAN! People who do that are VERYVERYVERY dumb. *Bowsa said he never tried Sonic & CB.*

OKAY! THAT'S IT! I'LL SEEK MY REVENGE, YOU MARIOFREAKS! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, whatever depends what everybody says.

Also, remember: Sonic was the ORIGINAL plan of a 3D Mascot Game, and the game started in '94, so SM64 could be a rip-off!

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2000, 04:12:44 PM »
I'm starting to lose my impact on Sonic. He used to be my most fave' mascot, but ever since I got SM64, I liked Mario better. Still, I love Sonic, I hang out at a Sonic MB, and I'm making Sonic Fan Games.
Well, I''m back, and better than ever, with my Glacier GBA!

*Looks around*

Uh... what did you expect?

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2000, 06:45:58 PM »
Hey, I've played Sonic games before, and maybe a little Crash. It's just that they haven't been on the seen as long as Mario. They're just "Hip" mascots that Sega and Sony came up with to compete with Mario. In reality, they're not hip. I'll stick with Mario, thanks.

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2000, 05:45:26 AM »
To Mariorulez:You need to control your temper.If you don't like mario go to some sonic site post this on there forum.

No more metal mario...new and improved titanium mario!

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2000, 12:33:31 PM »
Come on peoples, nobody can compare to the man Mario. Crash is nothing but a wannabe *cough CTR and Crash Bash cough*. Sonic is ok, but he doesn't have many great games out there since the genesis.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2000, 03:21:47 PM »
What about Sonic Adventure? Or maybe SA2? Man, Their dreamcasts should be cheaper. The only reason why it's $200 is because of the modem.

*Sees Digimon movie poster* "Great, first Fox Kids shows C@#p and then it shows even more c@$p!!" If you see my userame, you know I''m joking.
Well, I''m back, and better than ever, with my Glacier GBA!

*Looks around*

Uh... what did you expect?

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2000, 06:41:18 PM »
I'm a little inexperienced in these things, but how does the price of a system have anything to do with the coolness of the characters appearing on it?
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2000, 08:41:40 PM »
The price of a system does NOT effect how cool a character is or how cool the system is. Nor does what it looks like. Take PSX 2. The thing looks cool, yes, but do normal people want good looks? No. At least I don't. I want good games. And characters, you don't need cool characters. You just need good ones.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2000, 07:30:17 AM »
Sonic and Crash can suck my d**k! Mario is the best of all, and I don't care if Sonic is faster, cooler, and has a better attitude than Mario, he can still die!

Crash is a useless attempt to lure Mario fans away from Nintendo and to Playstation (which, sadly, is already happening). But they'll never get ME away from the game I love (Mario, duh!)!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2000, 04:54:16 AM »
First there was "Vs. Super Mario Bros." in the arcades...

...then the "Nintendo Entertainment System" arrived, but...

...Nintendo had a contract that prohibited the folks who made their games from making those same games for Sega, so...

...Sega came out with the Genesis and did those aweful commercials attacking Nintendo, but...

...that didn't work 'cuz Mario was more fun than Alex Kidd and Sega knew it, so...

...Sega created a new character with an attitude called "Sonic The Hedgehog"...

...Everyone got tired of waiting for Nintendo to respond 'cuz...

...Nintendo had a good thing going and didn't want to give it up until...

...Sales of the Genesis was rising, so...

...the "Super Nintendo" arrived on the scene and shortly after we saw the arrival of "Super Mario All-Stars", which closes the door on Sonic's future...

So, if you think Sonic's cooler than the man with the plan, then...

Sonic can't shoot, Sonic can't fly, Sonic doesn't have cool pipe mazes, Sonic has no airships ...AND...

...drumroll please...

...Sonic has no maps!

Super Mario will rule Video Games forever!!

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2000, 09:11:34 AM »
Whoa...

I've seen two quadruple posts within 3 days.

It's an omen...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2000, 07:00:24 PM »
Hey, those 4 posts of mine were a mistake. Just a simple mistake.

Yeah, Super Mario games are the best. I'm a Nintendo fan, really, so I hope the best goes for Nintendo!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2000, 05:31:51 AM »
Yay! Mario is the all-time BEST character out there!

Sonic doesn't even come close to the popularity that Mario has recieved.

When will Sega learn that all their systems suck?

The only good systems from Sega are the DreamCast, AND THAT'S IT!

Sony, well let's not even go there...

NINTENDO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print