Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226465 times)

« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2006, 09:03:25 PM »
Analyze plox.

Last night I had a dream that I was wandering aimlessly in my school. I was the only one there. I looked out the window, to find that it was daytime. I wandered around until I found a secret room, that had nothing but a giant set of decending stairs. I walked down, and the door closed. It was all dark, and I started running down the stairs. Somehow, I didn't fall down. I ran, and ran, until I got to the actual part of the room. It had this giant, barricaded door, with minefield signs and barbed wire. I lit a match, found a stone, and threw it against the door and it made this "poof" like sound and everything turned into a puff of white smoke and the stuff dissappeared. I got out, and there were some trucks outside unloading various boxes of stuff. One guy dragged a submarine out, and I stole it for some reason or another and somehow took it to a lake where I found my brother and my mom. Me, my mom and my brother went in the submarine, and went into the lake. The submarine, however didn't work, and we sank to the bottom. Somehow, I warped out of the lake while my brother and my mom were trapped. I felt sad, and started walking and I walked into this door, and somehow, it lead to my colset. There was all of the stuff that was always there, but there was also aLEGO submarine and two LEGO figures. I walked out, and I was in my house. I felt really depressed, and tried to call someone. But there were nothing in the house. I mean nothing; it looked like an old, unoccupied home. Nobody was outside, there were no cars passing by. Nobody. I was in total iscolation. I started feeling depressed, and slowly limped to the kitchen to see if there was any sign of my godparants, friends, or my dad. Or my brother and my mom, to see if anybody rescued them. There was nothing. Then I woke up.

Wow, this is one of the most depressing dreams I've ever had. But does it mean anything...?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:11:41 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2006, 01:50:34 AM »
It means that stealing submarines will lead you to an endless void of sadness, loneliness, and other stuff. Don't steal submarines, kids.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2006, 11:29:16 PM »
I had a dream that made less sense than the Who's Tommy The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Napolean Dynamite combined.  It was like I was tripped out in my sleep.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2006, 11:42:34 PM »
Very interesting...I could never see those movies put together.

But I keep having a recurring dream. I keep dreaming it's Spring 2005 again. The time of year seems to vary but it's always between late February and early June. The same people are always there. In Spring 2005 I was in high school and was a senior, and most of my dreams seem to take place at my high school. The people in the dream are my closest friends from there and occasionally a teacher or two seems to show up.

Am I having these because I loved high school so much and I miss these people dearly? They've recurred more often since a few weeks ago when I went back to my high school for a day to observe a teacher (I'm an ed major in college). I also had a nice conversation with one of my old friends after school and I think we both realized that we really missed each other--she was like a sister to me, both older and younger--this girl helped me set my life straight and if it weren't for her I wouldn't be where I am now but she's also three years younger than me so we both sort of feed off each other for advice. She shows up in my dreams a lot even though we are not in a romantic relationship yet she is one of only three people I trust with telling my life secrets to (the other two being my best buddy, 32 years old and pretty much my big bro; and my old baseball coach who is like a father to me).

Could it be I am going back to these days a lot because I no longer have this trio at college and although I seem pretty cool, confident, outgoing, popular, etc on the outside I am bottling too much up and I want to think of better times when I had these people plus a bunch of other friends who I think about on a daily basis even though I've got plenty more buddies at college?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2006, 04:38:52 PM »
I know what you mean...I've had several dreams recently about friends who have graduated.

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2006, 04:40:29 PM »
But...but Tommy, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Napoleon Dynamite all made sense!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »
Well, yeah, if you consider a pinball messiah, a singing transvestite, and...Napolean Dynamite to be senseful things.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2006, 03:31:35 PM »
Are you sure you're not confusing "making sense" with something else, Jman?
That was a joke.

« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2006, 11:20:01 PM »
Err, let's continue to talk about wacko dreams, shall we? I'd rather not contribute to the derailing of the thread pledging my hate for one of those movies, not caring for another, and not even knowing of the existence of one of the three until now.

I had a pretty crazy dream just the other night. I was in Wind Ensemble class, and in the dream the school apparently had a pool. And, we rehearsed. Under water. With bathing suits on. Amazing how the brass instruments didn't rust and the woodwind instruments didn't get damaged as we played for over half an hour. I also found it amuzing that we sounded good, considering that sound travels better in H2O than in O2.

Showing off the subscript and spoiler tags for no reason, seeing as I could've just typed out "water" and "oxygen" much quicker? You bet.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2006, 11:25:58 PM »
Are you sure you're not confusing "making sense" with something else, Jman?

Let's just say I was very confused when I first saw Tommy, and I've heard a lot about Rocky Horror.  Napolean Dynamite was just thrown into my sentence for comedic purposes.

« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2006, 12:13:22 AM »
Tommy makes sense.  He was blind, deaf, and dumb, but only mentally.  He then rocked at pinball and then everyone loved him.

As for RHPS, don't try to say anything unless you've seen it.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2006, 01:32:35 AM »
Vidgmchtr: This sort of happened once at my alma mater. During my sophomore year, it poured duing the homecoming game. The game continued but the band stayed amazingly. They sounded awful--it looked like mostly brass down there. However, the ones I felt the worst for were the folks on court that year--they got their suits and dresses soaked. The poor girls got their hair wrecked as well. Sure was glad I wasn't on court that year. The football players didn't have to worry since our field was turf. If I recall they did win that night though...

Anyway, on to my most recent wacko dream. I'm back at my alma mater and it's all deserted. Sealed up. I go outside and there is my best buddy (not a student there), my baseball coach, and a girl who went to my school. They for some reason want in the back entrance and claim that the school will be doomed if they don't get in there. Well, they get in. The girl, who was on crutches, goes into the band room and I didn't see her again. My best buddy runs down toward the science rooms. Coach just sort of stands there and panics, sort of like if the team was down 9-1 in the third inning. I'm standing there with Coach and I'm just as puzzled as he is. My best buddy starts running back and some force appeared to be working against him. Then I wonder what happened to the girl. Coach is still standing there doing nothing. Then I wake up.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2006, 10:05:55 AM »
I had a very cool dream this morning.  I was the hero in a sci-fi/space movie.  My team and I were exploring a deserted alien station/city.  We found some bracelet like things and were heading back to our ship to study them.  One of my crew (like the kid in Pitch Black) put one on and it lite up.  We were then attacked by a alien.  The alien had a body similar to an Alien (from the movie) and the head and arms were sort of like a Predator, but it seems kind of robotic.  We destroy/killed it.  I don't remember how.  I took the bracelets from my crew because I thought that the one the lite up awoke/activated the alien.  With the bracelets in my hand I was confronted by my nemesis.  He was tall and wore a long black coat.  He grabbed the bracelets from me and accused me of being selfish, but I knew he was the greedy on who didn't care about record keeping, science, etc.  He just wanted to make money off they and was going to his ship to have them launched to Earth.  As he turned one of them lite up and I warned him that I thought they would awake and allow aliens to track them.  He said I was a fool and that everyone knew the alien were long since extinct.  He left just as another alien attacked us from behind.

*I kinda woke up as my wife open the garage door*

Now I was viewing a huge scene in the third person. 

The greedy nemesis was launching the bracelets to Earth.  I saw the detail of his control room, the launch area, etc.  But that is just detail so I'll get back to the story of my dream.

My nemesis turned when I said something.  (The scene was back to first person with me as the hero.  Presumably we had beat the alien and caught up to him too late.)

*I slightly awoke again.  I think my wife closed the garage door.*

My crew and I were locked in a room.  I found a terminal and used to to write a warning to Earth.  I don't remember the whole message, but I strangely ended with a message to my wife (not my real wife).  "This part is to my wife who is ..." 

*I awoke again.  This time it was because Hannah was awake.  I couldn't remember the "..." part, but had a feeling was something like suicide, divorce, or something equally bad.  I also had the feeling of being like Indiana Jones in character, but looking like the hero in Serenity.  It was a scene more like Alien vs. Predator, but with a Doctor Who feel.  This could be because I just bought a Serenity DVD to give my father and have been watching Doctor Who (the fourth doctor) DVDs.  It's strange that the whole dream was like bits of movies.

Edit:  I think I know why I had that dream now.  Last night, I think it was around 2 AM, I watch a silent b/w version of Star Wars on YouTube and though to myself that it be cool to write something like Star Wars that would be made into a movie, but there were so many of those type of everyman scifi movies that were mostly boring to me.  (I prefer deep hard science fiction novels over most movies.)  Although Star Wars was entertaining and fun to watch, it wasn't very stimulating. 

Edit 2:  I think the message to the hero's wife was from one of Arthur Clark's movies. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:30:24 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2006, 06:21:02 PM »
Darn it Harpie! You made me forget to post my dream!

I dreamed that I came home and my step-dad had been in my room and he had smashed my gamecube to bits and broken all of my game in half and thrown them all over the floor and the only thing that was safe was my DS in my coat pocket and this dream freaked me out!!! (Sorry for the run-on sentence)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2006, 07:08:44 PM »
I'm dreaming of a ban.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print