Print

Author Topic: What've you been reading?  (Read 30218 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2006, 10:12:59 PM »
How to Talk to Anyone (Bet some of you knew that), HTML books, and PHP books.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2006, 08:59:40 PM »
What I've Been Reading (I Guess)

A Friendly Introduction to Analysis
Modern Algebra
Complex Variables and Applications
Universe

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2006, 09:04:06 PM »
As of now I'm reading the Two Towers and Lord of the Flies.  Two excellent books in their own ways.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2006, 11:04:24 PM »
I've just finished reading "Running out of Time" by Margaret Haddix. It was awesome!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 07:39:44 PM »
Okay, I'm bumping this topic. I hope no mods will be angry! I just read the book Angela's Ashes. It was an extrodinary book.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »
This year in school I read 3 totally excellent books. They were hatchet, The outsiders, and A wrinkle in time. All of them I wold suggest, even though they are fairly easy.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 10:01:15 PM »
A Wrinkle In Time is awful. I am reading Bitter Grounds in anticipation of my upcoming mission trip to El Salvador.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2006, 12:36:30 AM »
I just finished the Da Vinci Code. Excellent read.

For schoo, I am reading Homecoming. I hate it... its plot is rather broken.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2006, 06:33:59 AM »
I agree, the DaVinci Code is an excellent read.

As of now, I'm reading Desperation by Stephen King. It's great!
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »
From what I have heard, The DaVinci Code happens to be a boring murder mystery chase that is written in an awful style. If it didn't bring about controversy, most people said that it would not have made it. Therefore, I never read it, but I think I should try it on my own.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2006, 10:38:03 AM »
I didn't find it boring at all, but hey, everyone has their own opinion.

Also, yeah it is a murder mystery, and it does get into a bit of touchy spots with religion and stuff...but I thought it was a great book anyway.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2006, 11:52:19 AM »
I was reading the Xanth series by Piers Anthony...but I haven't found the time to continue reading. I got up I think the 9th book? Anyway there's like 25, but they're really fun. Everyone has their own magic talent and there's different adventures that people go on. I would suggest it. It does have some graphic content...like a lot...but other from that they're good.

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2006, 05:22:41 PM »
Well, just recently I finished reading the book Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, and since I absolutely loved his style of writing, I am in the middle of reading David Copperfield as I type.  It's a really good book, but I don't want to recommend it to anyone, because all of my friends apparently hate Charles Dickens, and I've only met one person who shares my same interest in him.  :( 
I don't recommend it because apparenly Dickens' writing style is an acquired taste, or something.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2006, 05:38:56 PM »
If you like Dicken's writing, I highly suggest Hard Times. It's a satire about education. It's a very fun read.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »
I'm reading the Scarlet Letter, and it is quite dull. Some parts are extremely aggravating to slug through, as the dialogue is written in an "Old English" style. But I must if I wish to complete my Summer Reading project. *groan*

On a side note, I have not read the Da Vinci Code, and do not plan to. I won't say why, because I don't want to start any fights. I also heard that the movie was quite bad, getting hit hard by critics. But I'm sure fans have taken notice.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print