Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Wi-Fi doesn't work on Mac  (Read 4013 times)

PaperMario2

• Banned
« on: February 05, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »
My best friend buy Nintendo Wi-Fi for Ds but it doesn't work with Mac, It only work with a PC why it doesn't work with Mac do somebody know why?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:28:04 AM by PaperMario2 »
I like play mario games

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »
I should know. I have I Mac. It doesn't work on mine either. Hmmmmmm.....Khold should be able to tell you.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 12:05:30 PM »
Because there are no drivers to make the hardware work with it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 09:11:16 PM by MEGAߥTE »

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »
The Apple OS has a COMPLETELY different system than any other OS, where it is a very secure package which is pretty picky about what software enters its hardware. In fact, most viruses cannot even penetrate its highly secure system!

Nintendo may not consider making a USB Wi-Fi router compatible on Mac computers, as most people prefer Windows to everything else. It's a waste of time...

The best thing to do is making your broadband connection Wi-Fi, and then you can work with playing the Nintendo DS...
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 02:48:45 PM »
I'm quite sure that there's some special instructions on www.nintendowifi.com in case you've got a Mac.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 06:06:51 PM »
Well, there are SOME Mac users here besides Watoad... like me. The problem is that the USB adapter requires a special program to be used. This program allows the user (you) to specify which DSes can and can't connect to Nintendo WFC. This works very well, but has one flaw: Nintendo hasn't gotten around to porting it. If you have some other way to make your Internet connection Wi-Fi compatible, do it.

Long live Apple Computer!
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 06:34:58 PM »
Nintendo didn't even make the hardware, so they'll have to wait for the actual manufacturer to port the software, if there are even plans to.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 09:13:46 PM »
In fact, most viruses cannot even penetrate its highly secure system!

That's only because people write less viruses for Mac OS, because people generally write very little software at all for it.
Also, having a wi-fi router doesn't guarantee you can use your DS with it.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »
The Apple OS has a COMPLETELY different system than any other OS

No, it's based on FreeBSD, Mach, and OpenStep.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 09:34:52 PM »
Silly people.

I have MKDS, as well as a Mac, and it works just fine, the Nintendo wi-fi. You'll need Airport Extreme or Airport Express, and the encryption must be WEP. If it's WPA, you must switch (temporarily or permanent, it's fine, as long as it is WEP while you're playing).

That USB adapter, though, is only compatible with WinXP. So, if you don't have Airport Extreme/Express, you're out of luck.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 10:02:51 PM »
So you're saying only one kind of wireless router works with Macs?
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 10:55:19 PM »
No, two kinds.

Airport Extreme and Airport Express.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 01:36:06 AM »
I don't know ANYTHING at all about Macs, really. I encountered one once, the first problem I came to was "How do I turn this thing on?" I found out after about 10 minutes and a weird bar came up. It didn't even have an [X] in the top right corner. That's when I quit.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
That's because the buttons of the windows are located on the top left, not the top right.

The close button has been located there since System 1. :P

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 09:15:31 PM »
But he doesn't know ANYTHING about Macs.

Print