Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711827 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2006, 11:22:16 PM »
Oh, come on. This is one of the better topics I've made in a whle, and now it's become Kill Barney Orchestra. I mean, I'll join you in the action, but... I HATE IT WHEN TOPICS GO OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2006, 11:24:48 PM »
I hate it when people complain about topics going off topic.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2006, 12:07:40 AM »
Say, this reminds me of something. Just the other day, I was looking for some triple-A batteries, and they...

« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2006, 02:48:23 AM »
My dad yelled at me today for something I never did that really tics me off
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2006, 05:33:32 AM »
Here's something that annoys me to no end: those spells in RPGs like sleep and instant-death that sound really cool, but the only place you'd ever actually want to use them would be against bosses, so of course they don't work against bosses.  I can understand that bosses are supposed to be difficult and that letting you use instant-death spells against bosses could detract from the balance of the game, but at least be honest about it!  Let me know difinitively that the spell will never work against bosses, so I can stop getting my hopes up!  Say, in the description of the spell, "This spell doesn't work against bosses, so stop trying you naive little man."

What annoys me further is that more often that not this sort of spell doesn't even work against normal enemies.  Go figure.

I recently played through Resident Evil 4, and it was a pretty good game.  It wasn't spectacular from start to finish, but one thing I absolutely LOVED about the game was the rocket launcher.  I bought it with no specific intention, just the general feeling that it would come in handy later.  It seemed like a waste to use it against normal enemies, so for a while I just held onto it.  The next time I came to a boss, I pulled the sucker out.  I thought to myself, "no way is this going to work."  Not only did it work, it killed the boss in ONE HIT!  And it wasn't some pitiful mini-boss either, it was the real deal!  What could have been a long and painful battle was over in ten seconds!  I thought to myself, WOW!  The rocket launcher ACTUALLY WORKED, against a BOSS!  As powerful as the item was, it did NOT ruin the balance of the game in any way, because it would be prohibitively expensive (both monitarily and in terms of inventory space) to use rocket launchers against ALL bosses.  The rocket launcher effectively let me PICK MY BATTLES.  Cool-sounding spells in RPGs should work this way.  They should work against bosses but there should be some force preventing you from overusing the spells.  IMHO
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:35:35 AM by Hirocon »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2006, 09:09:06 AM »
Speaking of killing Barney...not really.
I recently found my old copy of Duke Nukem: Zero Hour for N64, and I must say it hasn't aged well. It might be because of the fact that the contacts are broken, rusty and dust-caked, and the cartridge itself is cracked, and the label smells like Wii (I mean, pee). And I can't play the game! Poo!
Also, I tried looking for my video camera, so I can film my new movies Dawn of the Zombies and Cyber-LepreClaw, but I realized I don't have one! I have to get my friend's!
every

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »
I hate how in Mario Kart DS when you're playing Wi-Fi you wait several mintues for opponents to appear, and when you finally get three opponents, they all suddenly disconnect! I also hate how sometimes during races opponents appear to rapidly zig zag and dart all over the track in every direction possible, making it really annoying and frustrating.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2006, 08:09:57 PM »
I hate that too but, depending on you're internet connection, you're opponents may zig-zag around.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2006, 07:55:17 AM »
My Grandma. I mean, I don't hate her, I just dislike how she acts now that she's living with us. You see, we believe she has Alzheimers. For example, she keeps warning me of these totally irrelevant non-sequitors ("Jimmy, don't ask your Dad for money when he gets home", "Jimmy, don't go in the war", "Jimmy, stop breathing", etc.) that I never do and constantly reminds me of them ("Jimmy, have you stopped asking for money yet?"). She also asks me to help with everything, and I'm glad to, but she always singles me out and never asks anyone else. She also has a strange obsession with cleaning the house and always insists tha I change the location of everything until it all fits together perfectly like Tetris blocks. SHe also makes bizarre jokes and laughs at them histerically when no one else does ("Jimmy, eat your rosey red dinner...hahahahahaha hohohohoho a-hehehehe. Hoo hoo...heh.") To reiterate, I don't hate her, she's just...grating.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2006, 09:23:37 AM »
I love people like that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2006, 10:06:59 AM »
She asked you to stop breathing? Lol. Anyways, I hated it when TheBMan (who only posted once here) kept spamming my board. I types like a n00b. If he were to type "Oh my gosh, you have the beta? Cool!", it would be "OMG!!!!!! u hav the btea? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

OMG that is so kool! exsecialy the GTA one!!!!!!!
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2006, 03:25:17 PM »
I also hate the Direct2Drive ad banner on TMK's main page. For some reason it takes longer to load there, so when you go to click on a TMK link, and when it appears it shifts everything down an inch so instead of clicking on that link you end up on a different page.

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »
I hate video games that are made to be impossble to beat. I think they do that for the pleasure, but it makes me mad.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »
Yeah, have you ever tried to beat Survival in Star Fox: Assault on the Gold level? I lose out of nervousness at the final boss every time.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »
I always get miffed when I put a halfway decent effort into a story and still, no one reads it.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print