Print

Author Topic: Mondegreens  (Read 2421 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »
Ever have any particularly weird/funny mondegreens? (look it up on Wikipedia if you don't know what they are) That's really all I have to say about this one, I guess... Except for the fact that I have confused "then she lit up a candle" in Hotel California as "then she lit up Nintendo" or "then she lit up akindo" for my whole life until somewhere around a few months ago.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
I read this topic's title as "Mindgames" when I saw it on the Fungi Forums index page.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:31:21 AM »
THERE'S A BATHROOM ON THE RIGHT.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »
^ Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Bad Moon Rising".

I take it that everybody here who has heard "Blinded by the Light" is familiar with a particularly notorious mondegreen...

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »
I'm going with an old one. "Scuse me while I kiss this guy" instead of the actual "Scuse me while I kiss the sky."
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:05:45 PM »
^ Ah, classic... You know, I heard that, as a joke, he actually sang the song intentionally pronouncing it that way.

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »
Can anybody identify the words for the song Louie, Louie?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 08:05:48 PM »
"Me gotta go" is all I can decipher (apparently, that song has been banned a lot of times in various places over history because people assumed the lyrics were obscene since they couldn't understand them).

Print