Print

Author Topic: Time doesn't exist  (Read 53273 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2010, 07:18:50 PM »
How many time must I ask: WHY is it the right thing to do?  Who are you or any human to determine what is and is not moral?

This is just going in circles.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
Yeah, because you keep making things up.
I and many others already stated why. But you seem to insist that those repeated explanations don't exist.

Relativists think by consensus, after all.
?????
That was a joke.

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
WHY is it the right thing to do? 

And I keep answering you! JUST BECAUSE IT IS.

Who are you or any human to determine what is and is not moral?

Who is God to determine what is moral?

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2010, 08:10:12 PM »
And I keep answering you! JUST BECAUSE IT IS.
That's a surprisingly irrational answer from someone who makes a point to be rational.

Um, if an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Being who created everything, knows everything, and is everywhere says something is moral, are you going to question that?  God doesn't just determine morality, He defines it.

« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
That's a surprisingly irrational answer from someone who makes a point to be rational.

Seems perfectly rational to me. We shouldn't kill people because it's wrong. There is no other reason.

Um, if an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Being who created everything, knows everything, and is everywhere says something is moral, are you going to question that? 

Absolutely. God wants us to stone gays. He killed 2,000,000+ in the Bible. Of course I'm going to question him.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:37:34 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »
Seems perfectly rational to me. We shouldn't kill people because it's wrong. There is no other reason.

So, you possess absolute control over what's right and wrong for everybody. Why isn't Crazy Bill correct for thinking the opposite?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
Crazy Bill is subjectively right and objectively wrong.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
If the guy who made the place can't set the rules for it, why can you?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2010, 12:20:42 AM »
Because our rules are better. Stoning gays, killing 2,000,000+, ordering women to worship men...yeah, God sounds like a swell guy.

« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2010, 12:58:26 AM »
If the guy who made the place can't set the rules for it, why can you?
For starters, at least PaperLuigi isn't ****ING FICTIONAL

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:17 AM »
Because our rules are better. Stoning gays, killing 2,000,000+, ordering women to worship men...yeah, God sounds like a swell guy.

Whoa whoa, hold up there champ. I've skimmed the good book and done my small share of reading, and I never once heard of God Himself telling dudes that all the above stuff is kosher, as it were. Rather, all I saw were dudes hearing some vague stuff (whether divine or not), and then interpreting them as rules that happen to fall square in line with their existing hatred and prejudices. Now, I'm not saying God is real or not, because I can't say either way. But riddle me this:

Guys pre-God were going around, taking multiple wives and slapping them around, stoning people who were different, raping, pillaging, killing two million folks, and ordering women to worship men just fine. Then one day a big bearded stoner dude came down from a mountain and said that God was pretty much down with all that as long as they did it in His name. Now, assuming God doesn't exist, then who was around to make up those rules? And the rules after those?

Think before you say whose rules are better.

Now can we all shut the hell up and go back to talking about either time or Dorf?
every

« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »
For starters, at least PaperLuigi isn't ****ING FICTIONAL

Artistic interpretation of LD's expression:

« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
Glorb's post.

Trolling, but God really did kill 2,000,000+ in the Bible:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/3582

EDIT: Come on Weegee, don't resort to slander. Either contribute to the debate or don't post at all.

« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2010, 01:59:32 PM »
My post was no worse the LD's.

None of those people would have died if they had just followed God.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
I'm gonna agree with Weegee here.  God pretty much told them beforehand not to **** Him off.  And they did anyway.  He warned them there would be consequences, and there were.  Also, I'm pretty sure Satan, by means of torturing people for all eternity in the depths of Hell, has done more gruesome things than kill people who were deliberately disobeying and knew it.

Also: again, God ultimately decides the good.  Who is any human to tell Him what's right and what's not?  To do so would be to declare oneself a god.

Print