Print

Author Topic: Disney Bought Marvel  (Read 9153 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:29:34 PM »
...Now what? First of all, probably this. Secondly... well, what do you think this will affect down the line? This is in General Chat because it's not inherently videogame-related, though it's to be expected that discussion will probably end up focusing on that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

I demand that this become a video game, ASAP. What could possibly be better than busting into a robbery-in-progress, looking the thief dead in the eye, raising your arm menacingly, then slappin' him across the face while exclaiming, "I'm Rick James, *****!"?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:44:42 AM »
Being the bit--I mean, thief, getting slapped in the face by such an awesome phenomenon?

Also, we discussed this in the chatroom last night (which didn't end well due to difference in opinion); someone pointed out that it'd be cool to see a Disney vs. Capcom.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
That was me.

I demand that this become a video game, ASAP. What could possibly be better than busting into a robbery-in-progress, looking the thief dead in the eye, raising your arm menacingly, then slappin' him across the face while exclaiming, "I'm Rick James, *****!"?

Not regurgitating old Dave Chappelle jokes, for one.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Weegee, had you been saving that joke since 2001, waiting for a vaguely comics-related topic to use it in?
every

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
Nah. I just found that image in the article and couldn't resist.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 04:15:40 PM »
There isn't much you can resist, is there?

Sqrt2

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »
I don't mind, as long as there is a game produced where I can use Wolverine (or any of the other Marvel characters) to beat up Hanna Montana.

Because that'd be awesome.
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
Outside of videogames, I think all this will really amount to is more Disney product placement in Marvel movies and vice-versa. However, we can always hope for a Spider-Man Disneyland ride!

On that note, what's to become of those competing theme parks (Universal? I heard their contract with Marvel expired a while back, though...) with Marvel characters?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »
Aw crap. Marvel is now owned by Disney.

One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 12:39:41 AM »
This would've been great if Joe Quesada wasn't just promoted to Chief of Animated Entertainment at Marvel.

Hopefully, Disney prevents him from turning some of those shows currently in production into trash like he's done to the whole of Marvel's print department.

Also, if it finally delivers that X-Men/Power Rangers crossover comic that was promised way back in the early 90s, I'm up for it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
1. I'm glad there are other Quesada haters
2. I would probably watch a Mickey Mouse Fantastic Four if they did it like that, because that looks pretty rad. :|
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »
Sadly, any Disney-produced Marvel media would probably be the other way around.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:22:02 PM »
Hahahaha. Also, I like how the person claims it's from an old VHS when it was just created for like Newgrounds earlier this year.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »
How did I know that was going to be the video?

Besides, Watchmen is from DC you NUB
every

Print