Print

Author Topic: Some more Mario references and Cameos  (Read 7038 times)

« on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:02 PM »
NES Open Tournament Golf:

Donkey Kong handles the prize money in the Club House.

GOLF: NES

The Golfer is Mario in golf clothes.

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64)
The names Mario and Kong appear in this game.

Paper Mario (N64) - Luigi's Mansion Cameo
There's a Luigi's Mansion reference in Luigi's Journal, Luigi's Mansion was in it's planning stages at the time.

Paper Mario (N64) - Yoshi's Cookie Cameo
The "Big Cookie" made by Tayce T. with the two ingredients of:
Cake Mix + Yellow Berry
                  Egg
                  Goomnut
                  Blue Berry
                  Red Berry
is a reference to Yoshi's Cookie.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:39:17 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
You know you're new to TMK when you don't know posting about Mario Cameo's is frowned upon at these parts.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

kirbyfan98

• trollerrific
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
If so, why is my 27 getting the chew on your totally very + 3 = the answer and my when the day comes to 13 so you should forget the why are you because my no I didn't.
(_8^(I)

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:22:56 PM »
One of these days we'll cover stuff like the Check cookie in Paper Mario.

Golf is on the site. NESOTG page mentions DK.

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64)
The names Mario and Kong appear in this game.
Got any more info on this?

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »
There still isn't a page up for the stuff in Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 01:39:16 AM »
It's on my to-do list.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
Unfortuantely, I have no more info on Ogre Battle 64 but I have two more but I think I posted the two in the past, somewhere along the line.

I know I've posted the Super Game Boy Mario Cameo in the past, as well as Luigi and Peach. The MARIO 1 Chip (Mathematical, Argonaut, Rotation & Input/Output)  was used in early versions of  games like Star Foxand Stunt Race FX, then later changed to the FX Chip. I had to get the picture from Wikipedia since I don't have a camera.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 07:18:46 PM »
We already know about this.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »
We already know about this.

I'm apart of this "We" now?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »
"We" being people who have actually worked on TMK.
I was under the impression that nenson was trying to tell Deezer et al. about this stuff. I may be incorrect.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 11:56:56 AM »
Here's one!

The Critic

Season two episode: "Frankie and Ellie Get Lost" (It's on disc three of the DVD set, if any are interested)

The Critic's parents disappear during their 40th wedding anniversary vacation. On the way to the airport, Franklin (the dad) is driving like a maniac down the road, and Eleanor (the mom) tells him to slow down. Franklin turns to her and says "Can't you see the danger that we're in!?"

The camera shows his POV, and on the windshield is a giant ape standing on red girders, throwing barrels at the car. The horn has the word "Jump" written on it, and as the barrels get close to the car, Franklin honks the horn and jumps.

If I had the proper equipment, I would capture a video.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 01:00:47 PM »
"We" being people who have actually worked on TMK.
I was under the impression that nenson was trying to tell Deezer et al. about this stuff. I may be incorrect.

Nenson can't read, Chup. You should know this already.

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »
There are many Mario references in French series (and many cultural references in the French version of Super Paper Mario) but saying them here is useless, I guess.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »
Those would probably actually be useful since I don't think we know about those.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »
'k, then.

- In an episode of the French series "Fais pas ci, fais pas ça]" (FR link) ("Don't do this, don't do that"), you can see one of the characters playing Mario Kart Super Circuit on a GBA, on Peach Circuit, as Luigi.

- In Super Paper Mario, Bowser says in a scene "' 'Me dites pas que c'est pas vrai ?!" ("Don't tell me this isn't true ?!", although it's supposed to mean "Don't tell me this is true ?!"), a quote from the French humorist [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamel_Debbouze]Jamel Debbouze

- In Super Paper Mario, a D-Man says "Vous pouvez allumer les torches avec du feu. Vous avez compris ? Il faut ALUMEEEEEER LE FEEEUU !!!! ... Qu'est-ce qui me prend ?" ("You can fire up the torchs with fire. Got it ? You must OPEEEEEEN THE FIIIIIRRE !!!! ... What's wrong with me ?"), a reference to the song "Allumer le Feu" ("Open the Fire") by Johnny Hallyday.

I know I saw more of them but I have a bad memory. It's not like I'm watching TV everyday, after all... But I remember hearing the underground music from Super Mairo Bros. in a TV show.

Print