Print

Author Topic: Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: Basement  (Read 3588 times)

« on: April 18, 2009, 05:59:33 PM »
I've completed the game with enough silver stars to unlock the First level of Basement. Problem is... I can't make any sense of what the Basement is meant to be! I can get my little minis up to the top screen no problem, but what am I supposed to do when they're up there? They just fall down again, and you can't get to Donkey at all, and I can't control them up on the top screen in anyway!?

Does anyone know what this is all about?

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »
I don't have the game on me now, but I seem to recall that you had to get so many Minis up there before the level was considered complete. I thought that once you got them to the top, the game just hits DK for you.

Someone else want to confirm for me (or I'll just check back after I have my game again..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:55:55 AM »
I fear you're thinking of the Final DK Boss Battle after the 8th floor, where Mario is standing on the top screen next to Donkey and piffs mini marios at him point blank (pretty funny).

But the Basement seems to be a different beast altogether??

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »
Oh wait. You're right. Sorry.

Have the mini's walk over the segements to make them disappear. If you need to, the minis can jump over the holes where the segments were, but only on the bottom screen. Once they hit the top screen, they should just know which direction to go in (towards the segements). I know it can get a little crazy, but the hammers are a big help, as well as concentrating on getting one Mini up at a time.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print