Print

Author Topic: GB transfer?  (Read 3686 times)

« on: July 06, 2005, 06:36:15 PM »
How can you play old GameBoy games on the DS?  I know you cant do it with just the DS, but I tryed to do it with my Action Replay using it as a transferer.  It failed:(  But I was just wandering if they actually sold GB transferers into GBA slot.  Does anyone get what I am saying?  One more thing, do you think they will make an NES classic GBA game of "SMB2:The Lost Levels"?

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 06:41:40 PM »
You cannot play GB games on a DS. The reason is that the GB and GBC had a z80 processor. The GBA also had this processor, therefore making it backwards compatible with the GB and GBC. Nintendo decided not to install the aging z80 processor to the DS, but equipped the processor used for GBA games. This is why you can play GBA games on the DS but not GB or GBC games.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 7/6/2005 5:43:57 PM

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 08:48:40 PM »
They have made a NES Classic "Lost Levels" game for GBA, but they only released it in Japan.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 01:12:47 AM »
I think the two pieces of metal inserted in the DS also have something to do with it... I wonder what would happen if they were removed and a GB game was inserted?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 04:17:30 AM »
I dont know why everyone in japan thinks its too hard for americans!  I meen, who are they to make that descision!?  Have any of you played it?  Is it really all that hard!?

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 06:54:03 AM »
Japanese babies are born with innate video game skills.  Consequently, the British fear them, which is why the name was changed to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

Edited by - DeadAwake on 7/7/2005 5:54:31 AM

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 10:35:04 AM »
> I think the two pieces of metal inserted in the DS also have something to do with it... I wonder what would happen if they were removed and a GB game was inserted?

NOTHING.  The DS does not recognize any cartridge there.  From what I understand, the Z80 isn't the only problem, there's the fact that old GB carts run at a different voltage from GBA carts.  The DS doesn't have the voltage switch that the GBA has, so a DS couldn't play GB/GBC games even if somebody added an emulator to the firmware.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »
So really, the only way to play GB/GBC games on the DS, is to get a GBA flash cart and put a GBC emulator and roms on it. But for legal reasons, I wouldn't recommend it.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 07:20:43 PM »
Hey, the turtles are cool no matter what you call them.  And seeing as how I don't have a DS or any information thereof, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread.  I am sorry for wasting your time, and I'll just ignore the message that thanks me for my "contribution".

I better cut you off here, taking an overdose of Markio can be dangerous.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 09:05:04 PM »
Sorry, MB. I'm not really into the technical stuff as much as some of the members here... I can barely use HTML.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 06:15:56 PM »
If I recall correctly, it was not the Japanese who thought it was too hard for us Americans, but Nintendo America.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2005, 06:51:47 PM »
Why couldn't they just let us play it and decide if it was too hard or not?

I better cut you off here, taking an overdose of Markio can be dangerous.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print