Print

Author Topic: Does anyone else have this problem?  (Read 6711 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: October 01, 2005, 01:55:42 PM »
EVERY TIME I try to play PMTTYD, the 'cube has a problem reading the disk. I've tried everything. Q-Tip on the lens, peroxide on the disk, wiping it with my bare hand, nothing's working. This only happens with PMTTYD, especially at the start, trying to turn it on. What do I do? Will Nintendo REALLY replace it for free?

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 03:24:09 PM »
Call Nintendo and see what they will do for you .  I needed a GCN GameBoy Player Disc and it would have cost me about $15 including shipping, but that was because I didn't have a disc.  Since you have a nonworking disc they may be able to give you a replacement for free, or they may say that you scratch the disc and you'd be out of luck.  Call and ask.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_charts_gcn.jsp

Ah, it appears that if the game is defective they will replace if for free.  Otherwise it may be $25.  See the URL above.

Edit:  You may be able to use a scratch removing device to fix your disc.  My brother used one to fix his audio CD scratches, and a lot of people bring there games to GameSpot to get them cleaned and repaired.

Edited by - Luigison on 10/1/2005 2:25:55 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:08:02 PM »
It does look a little scratched, but I never dropped it or anything.

Are the disks dishwasher safe?

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''''ve blow''''d up by now.
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 04:18:22 PM »
NO!  It's probably not a matter of a traditional "cleaning".  The scratch removing devices actually remove a thin layer of the plastic that contains the scratch.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 06:20:42 PM »
That actually happened to me in February. I contacted Nintendo, and tried all troubleshooting procedures. After nothing worked, I had to send it in to be repaired. They were able to verify my problem and replaced the disc reading device.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 10/1/2005 5:20:53 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 02:22:36 PM »
It's nothing to do with the GameCube, it's specifically PMTTYD. Where could I get one of these "Scratch Removers?"

I've found that If I wait a while after the screen zooms in on that book at the start, it's likelier to work than impatiently pushiong a repeatedly...

Edit: Haha, I was just joking about being dishwasher safe.

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.

Edited by - Bird Person on 10/2/2005 1:24:09 PM
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 09:18:32 AM »
You can find Scratch Removers just about anywhere, go try Wal-Mart or something.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »
W-w-wal-mart? No. N-no! I'm a Target kind of guy! I asked for a platinum Wavebird at Wal-mart and they gave me a friggin' gray one!The gray one's broken now. I have a lovely reliable platinum one from Target now, thank you.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 11:01:41 AM »
Go to Nintendo.com and go to customer service.

Mario, Mario, He''s our Man, If he can''t tripple-jump and ground-pound no one can!!

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 02:15:49 PM »
I now have this problem. I once went to my cousin's house and some kids took out my game and left it on the table. Oh yeah, the game is MK:DD.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 04:33:11 PM »
Does everybody have this mistake?!?
You would think. Anyway, sorry about the insult...
Well, you got yourself quite a perdik-a-whatsit.
You shold just mail it to nintendo, and get a replacement.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 10:17:46 PM »
Already been mentioned. By the way, are you new?

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 07:32:27 AM »
Yes he is. If you want to see if someone's new, check their post total.

Mario and Luigi They’re our men, if they can’t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 07:42:24 AM »
That's what I did.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 01:42:31 PM »
It doesn't happen so much anymore, although it does cause the Gamecube to say "There's a problem, look at the manual blah blah..." That's when I open it, take the disc out, move the lens toward the center, put the disc in, and whack it. So I figure I have 2 options. 1. Get a scratch remover. 2. See if Gamecube games are downloadale on the REV and do that.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
It's YOUR problem!

Print