Print

Author Topic: Mario Universe Voice Acting Mysteries, Etc.  (Read 41296 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »
I'd say it was more like "long-ee Bowser"...

I recall it being "so long-EH Bowser," actually, perhaps some Canadian on his mother's side of the family.

Also, 2:06 does actually sound like "So ein mist".  In fact, check out 1:57-2:19 for more Wario lolz.

As for the gibberish from M&L I mentioned earlier, someone transliterated one of Mario's PiT phrases as something like "api-para-ta-toro-tu".  I'm pretty sure all of the SS and PiT ones are available for download here.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 01:11:54 AM »
Apparently, everyone has really bad hearing.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »
For the first year of SM64's existence I thought Mario was saying "NITPICKLE!" when you chose a star.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 02:21:43 AM »
I always heard "Let's-a go," but as TV_Themes mentioned, my father fervently insisted that it was "Popsicle."

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 04:35:54 AM »
My mom and a couple of friends heard "That tickles" and/or "let's pickle".
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »
He always sounded like he was saying "Up I go" or "Off I go" to me.

This little discussion reminds me of the Yoshies singing in Yoshi's Story. Remember that?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 09:22:54 AM »
I can practically never understand anything anyone says in the WarioWare games, or the music therein.

Blame the characters (besides Wario, of course) having nothing to do with anything else in the Mario Universe.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 09:35:23 AM »
A guy in this mailbag thinks it's "Oh, lack of apples."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 09:58:31 AM »

As for the gibberish from M&L I mentioned earlier, someone transliterated one of Mario's PiT phrases as something like "api-para-ta-toro-tu".  I'm pretty sure all of the SS and PiT ones are available for download here.

When he sais so, it sounds like the Italian "ma chi te l'ha detto?" (but who has said this to you?)
Anyway those are non sense words...XD
Mario and Luigi aren't doubed normally and, instead of making him talking in long dialogs, N. prefears using the nonsense dialogues when they talk, which can sound like "Italian+English", even if what they are saying doesn't mean anything...
Maybe, in the Mario & Luigi RPG serie, Nintendo wanted to give more personality to Mario and Luigi (because they are the protagonists and main heroes) making them like "talking" with their typical (and cute-funny) accent, while the other characters make only different sounds.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:01:25 AM by Super Caterina! »
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »
Blame the characters (besides Wario, of course) having nothing to do with anything else in the Mario Universe.

Yes. The reason Brian can't comprehend their speech is because they've never appeared in any other games besides the WarioWare ones. Perfect logic right there.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
I dunno, some of their lines are pretty clear. Examples like Mona saying "Cool! Awesome!" and "Hey! Hurry up!" or 9-Volt saying "You got it!"
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 01:45:15 AM »
This thread is making me laugh so much at 2:30 in the morning.
The only sound bites I had trouble interpreting were "Mario Grand Prix" and "Peachy!" in MK64, thinking they were "Are you ready?" and "Thank you!" respectively.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 02:59:41 AM »
Wario games say "Work it!" a lot.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2009, 12:37:47 PM »
Actually, Peach's "thank you" clip from NSMB sounded so strange that I didn't recognize it when I clicked a "z" in the ending credits.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 04:05:41 AM »
Actually, Peach's "thank you" clip from NSMB sounded so strange that I didn't recognize it when I clicked a "z" in the ending credits.

O.O
I haven't either realized someone was telling "thankyou" at the end of the game... XD
Great discovery. I'll pay more attention next time. >_>
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Print