Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 164488 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
Sure, how else would Mario survive?

A Polar Bear suit would look even more ridiculous.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
That's so thoroughly speculative that it belongs in Fan Fiction.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »
I'd have to disagree with the "ess" part of the "pointless" URL. Rainbow Mario is awesome; however, they could've made the star.... you know, well a starman. Should be gold and should have eyes just like always! How would a person confuse a smaller, thinner, blockier, pointed-edge gold star with eyes (like the rainbow starman's shape) for a larger, fatter, rounded edge star (power star) that floats up in the air?

Also, Weegee, I did find the shell to be horribly gimmicky. Trying to keep up momentum without ricocheting off something or whatever was annoying... especially if you missed a jump by a few pixels and hit the very top corner of a hill or whatever.

The Flying Mario red star thingy.... um, I only use it in the Observatory to get up to the Garden or Engine Room faster. Past that, absolutely nothing.

NSMB should use suits, yeah... suits from MARIO 3.

Nintendo always does this now. They create powerups that aren't memorable at all, so then they're suddenly exclusive to that game. Are we gonna see the penguin suit or propeller suit in the next Mario side-scroller? Doubt it. Are we gonna see old school items that are classic, worked well, and were aesthetically simple in the next Mario side-scroller (or any Mario game for that matter)? Doubt it.

Wouldn't it be cool to see the Tanooki Suit, Hammer Bro Suit, or Feather brought back into a side scroller in 3d?

Kimimaru:

...or some variation of [the wings] (to distinguish it from the Wing Cap).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 02:11:48 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »
The Flying Mario red star thingy.... um, I only use it in the Observatory to get up to the Garden or Engine Room faster. Past that, absolutely nothing.

I don't use the Red Star at all. Using it to get up to the Garden or Engine Room is slower in every circumstance.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 12:44:04 PM »
Also, Weegee, I did find the shell to be horribly gimmicky. Trying to keep up momentum without ricocheting off something or whatever was annoying... especially if you missed a jump by a few pixels and hit the very top corner of a hill or whatever.

Indeed. I agree also that it'd be nice to see a return of the Cape or Raccoon Suit, at least.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »
The uncontrollability of the Shell Power-up is what made it so much fun!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 01:22:30 PM »
I liked the Shell power-up. The Shell was much more protective than any other power-up besides the Mega Mushroom, Starman, or Rainbow Star because you were completely invincible if you ducked. You can even duck, jump right through a Paratroopa, and jump on the Paratroopa's head! How is that not cool?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
The Mega Mushroom was stupid and racially stereotyped, the Tiny Mushroom was great though.

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
...What?

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »
Racially stereotyped? I was under the impression that its colouration was simply a throwback to that of the original SMB Mushrooms.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 03:43:42 PM »
I liked the Shell power-up. The Shell was much more protective than any other power-up besides the Mega Mushroom, Starman, or Rainbow Star because you were completely invincible if you ducked. You can even duck, jump right through a Paratroopa, and jump on the Paratroopa's head! How is that not cool?

OOOOHHHHH. *facepalm* I thought you meant the Shell in SMG. The NSMB one is amazing.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 03:46:56 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »
Seeing the above posts made me do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhw6ahl_XaI

Anyway, this is what I was talking about

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »
The Mega Mushroom isn't racially stereotypical at all. The Mega Mushroom is very big, so it has to squeeze out of a small ? Block. Its colors do not symbolize Mexicans or anyone of such ethnicity.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 07:51:40 PM by Kimimaru »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
Is there a stereotype of Mexicans growing really big and stepping on things? I thought I knew all the stereotypes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print