Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 60973 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »
Tell me something, you a vegetarian, Chupperson?
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
He's right people were not meant to eat meat and other naturally living things.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2008, 06:34:02 PM »
Eh.... needless? Hunting I don't necessarilly care for (I just like to shoot guns at a shooting range), but I mean, do you eat pizza, chicken, chinese, burgers, fish, etc..... or do people you know use makeup, wear leather, etc. etc. etc.? If so, we apparently need animals create those things we use in daily life typically, so I wouldn't pin it as pointless and bad. It's not like you can just go out and kill as many living things as you can see... then you'd be a poacher. That's why you can only hunt in certain seasons and shoot a certain number of animals and certain types.... such as Texas, you can shoot a buck, spike, and two does and that's it where my dad hunts.

If Obama gets it.... then he's gonna pull a Bill Clinton and try and get rid of firearms or make you wait an extremely long time to obtain them and whatnot. Also the fact that he'd jack ammunition prices up to obscene amount somehow so you couldn't even hunt if you wanted to... and on and on...
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2008, 06:37:34 PM »
Yeah hunting is wrong. And that's the governments way to control us; taking away our American rights to bear arms.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:39:05 PM by nensondubois »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2008, 07:01:05 PM »
I'm not vegetarian. I dislike red meat. I don't begrudge those who eat it, though.
I don't think you grasp that food and consumer products are not made from animals that were hunted. (Breeding animals for these purposes is a questionable practice as well.) Hunting is an anachronism and I am of the opinion that it is cruel and callous unless necessary (extremely rare cases). On the other hand, the way meat is processed now, meat you catch yourself might be better for you (but that depends on how healthy the animal was in the first place). I'll just go for organic veggies.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I think makeup is a stupid idea.
That was a joke.

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2008, 07:10:28 PM »
Makeup testing is a cruel practice, yes. I will only eat vegetables and fruits if they are organic only. I will eat any kind of meat that is fairly cooked that does include medium-rare cooked.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »
I eat more poultry and fish than beef. I'm not really a beef person anyway, unless it's beef jerky we're talking about.

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »
I eat beef more (because I love homemade tacos) then poultry because chicken is not as tasty and fish hate high mercury concentrations.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »
I just don't understand how hunting legally is wrong, since people have been doing it since forever... and before domestication of animals, that was the only way to live.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2008, 07:46:25 PM »
Yeah hunting is wrong. And that's the governments way to control us; taking away our American rights to bear arms.
Wait a minute... that made no sense at all.

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
Time to fix that.

I don't believe hunting for sport is humane. That last part was part of a reply to another forum.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »
I agree with NB mostly kinda. Hunting just for kicks amounts to murder in my book, since you're simply ending this creature's life just for your own amusement. On the other hand, hunting for meat is fine with me, as long as it doesn't put the animal through any unnecessary suffering.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »
I just don't understand how hunting legally is wrong, since people have been doing it since forever... and before domestication of animals, that was the only way to live.
Note that I am referring specifically to the present, and not the past.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »
Remember to vote tomorrow, 5 people on the board that are old enough to do so!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »
Hunting is an anachronism and I am of the opinion that it is cruel and callous unless necessary (extremely rare cases).

I really hope you're pro-life.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print