Print

Author Topic: The 90's  (Read 31678 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:17 AM »
...Spongebob.

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 08:35:20 AM »
Rugrats!!! (I hated Spongebob)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 09:09:47 AM »
Man, Nickelodeon ruined the crap outta Rugrats. I never watch it anymore, as all they show is live-action teen pop sitcom crap and crappy animated Mucha Lucha ripoff crap. And other assorted crap. It's a veritable goodie bag of crap.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
I agree with you, but Ned's Declasified and Drake and josh are pretty cool!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
I respect your opinions, but WHAT?!?!??!!
every

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 04:24:34 PM »
Out of all of the random things that spawned out of the 90's, Spongebob was, by far, the worst.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 04:35:14 PM »
I agree with you, but Ned's Declasified and Drake and josh are pretty cool!

Yeah, other than those two shows, Nick (other than Nicktoons Network, and maybe Nick GaS, if they still offer that channel) has gone the way of the '90's being-them-ness.

There, happy now, Vid?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:16:35 PM by donotcare95 »

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
*ahem*

Quote from: Vidgmchtr
(Just a note, the apostrophe does not go after the number when referring to years. It goes before it. You're implying that the decade had owned something....)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »
Only in favor of Power Rangers, which still blows my mind to this day.

I heard it was more because CBS didn't really like it, as they forced DiC to make AoStH simply because SatAM was too dark.
Out of all of the random things that spawned out of the 90's, Spongebob was, by far, the worst.

I think you're making too much of a stretch with that statement. Plus, Spongebob really peaked in the early 00's.

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 07:36:09 PM »
SatAM's cancellation had a number of factors behind it besides just losing to Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ratings wise. There's the fact that ABC had a policy of keeping their shows on the air for only 2 seasons.

Also:

No.

Speaking of old cartoons, I really loved the golden years of Cartoon Network. Back when Toonami was still weekdays, Cartoon Theatre aired every Saturday, and Fridays were reserved for Cartoon Cartoons. My school work went extremely downhill due to my excessive viewing of Cartoon Network. I was also probably the only boy in class that took pride in watching Powerpuff Girls.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 07:52:29 PM »
Spongebob, in my opinion, is hilarious. I can't imagine anyone who hasn't laughed at least once at the show, unless they have a VERY selective sence of humor.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 08:11:53 PM »
When I think of the 90's, I think of....

-When Bill Clinton was our president, and wasn't stupid
-Getting up early on Saturday Morning to Watch Cartoons, or shows in general, which include
       -Ah! Real Monsters
       -Rugrats
       -Muppet Babies
       -Chip and Dale
       -Doug
       -Duck Tales
       -Ren And Stimpy
       -Rocko's Modern Life
       -Earth Worm Jim
       -The Tick
       -X-Men
       -Tiny-Toon Adventures
       -Beetle Juice
       -Bobby's World
       -Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
       -Space Cases
       -Batman
       -Gargoyles
       -STREET SHARKS!
       -VR Troopers
       -All That
       -and more....
-The Crazy Board/Other Games which include
       -Guess Who
       -Mouse Trap
       -Connect 4
       -Ooey Gooey Looey
       -Trouble
       -Sorry!
       -Don't Spill the Beans
       -Don't Wake Daddy!
       -Dr. Dreadful
       -Make You Own Zombie
       -I know there were a lot more games than this, someone should help me out
-Being Happy that it was the weekend, because when you were a kid, it meant no work!
-Toys Such as...
       -Spawn action figures
       -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures
       -Legos
       -Mighty Max
       -Power Ranger Toys
       -Someone Should add on to these lists but theres so much I loved about the 90's, but so much that I have forgotten
-One more thing is not having to think about war all the time, nobody (well atleast in the US) was concerned about our people being killed, we were almost esentially worry free, and I miss that feeling.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »
I hate the new Rugrats. It's horrid. I LOVE THE POWER RANGERS AND TMNT! They rock and uh, you don't.

A lot of these new shows are crap. The old Disney Channel was something I loved. All the new shows are DUMB!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:55:17 PM by pt_peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2007, 09:08:52 PM »
Hmm, I can see that pt_peach prefers the shoes with age. :P

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »
Shoes are dumb. Let's all go to school in socks.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print