Print

Author Topic: Your favorite healthy foods  (Read 7391 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
So, in contrast to Vidgmchtr's latest poll, I've decided to start this topic.

My favorite foods that are good and good for me would have to be;
Salad
Veggie burgers
Veggie stir-fry
Spinach lasagna
Any kind of fruit
Hummus
Tabouli
Spinach-artichoke dip.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:42:42 PM »
I some what recently discovered that a toasted bagel sandwich with hummus and any assortment of vegetables is delicious.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:33:46 PM »
I'll eat nearly anything. Healthy or non-healthy. But I'm quite partial to spinach when I have the opportunity to eat it.
Ditto used Machop!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »
Salmon, wild Alaskin.

Baby spinach salad w/ walnuts and red wine dressing.

Blueberries and/or strawberries.

Dark chocaolate.

Green tea.

Sushi, especially salmon w/ veggies instead of rice.

Dry (not sweet) red wine - Cabernat or Shiraz.

Tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, and catsup/ketchup.  I don't like most cream/fat white sauces.

Spicy Indian dishes w/ tumeric.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »
If you really think about it, though, all foods are healthy, it just depends on the amount you eat. Like if you eat McDonald's like once a month, that's not so bad. Some fat is needed in a diet.
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »
Fat? Try chemically-processed, edible non-food items. McDonald's is not healthy by any stretch of the imagination.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:52:54 AM »
If chips and salsa count, they're my favorite. I also eat a lot of fruits and vegetables...and definitely dark chocolate if I can get it.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »
Fat? Try chemically-processed, edible non-food items. McDonald's is not healthy by any stretch of the imagination.

It's definitely not healthy, but it's not fully unhealthy if eaten on rare occasions. Sure if you eat it everyday, you'll get pretty out of shape.
Ditto used Machop!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 11:38:50 AM »
Chips and salsa definitely count. I too love dark chocolate.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »
The only healthy foods I really like are fruits. You can't really make spinach smoothies.
every

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
I do love chips and salsa, but I can be pretty picky on the brand. Tostitos used to make really good salsa, but after awhile they changed it and it's more watery and disgusting.

I do like Pace salsa. A lot.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 04:05:23 PM »
Green Tea is awesome.
As are any kind of fruit medleys that do not include cantaloupe.
Whole Grain stuff is pretty good (Bread, Pancakes, Waffles, etc.)
Broccoli and String Beans pwn, as do carrots.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »
Well, cooked brocolli is pretty good, I like most salads and fruits... I used to eat carrots, but I try not to since I've gotten my braces.

Tea? I'd heard so much about it all my life that I finally decided to try it when I when to India and... it tasted like pureed weeds--and that was with a handful of sugar cubes. I guess you've got to be weaned on the stuff as a Brit to really "get" the taste (I can't be sure if I'd like coffee, though).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »
Well, cooked brocolli is pretty good, I like most salads and fruits... I used to eat carrots, but I try not to since I've gotten my braces.

Tea? I'd heard so much about it all my life that I finally decided to try it when I when to India and... it tasted like pureed weeds--and that was with a handful of sugar cubes. I guess you've got to be weaned on the stuff as a Brit to really "get" the taste (I can't be sure if I'd like coffee, though).

I am a Mexican Texan American, and I get Tea. You don't have to be weaned on it, you just need your parents to make it for you on a hot summer day. Heck, I wouldn't recommend it, but even McDonald's serves Iced Tea.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 09:21:30 PM »
Used to always get the raspberry iced tea from McDonald's where I used to live. It was good.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print