Print

Author Topic: Zombie Infestation Shelter  (Read 13506 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:03:40 PM »
In this topic, we discuss the various techniques or strategies we would employ in the event of a zombie holocaust. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »
I'd try to negotiate with them before doing anything too rash. I've read I Am Legend.

Yes, those were technically vampires, but it was basically the same thing.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »
See attachment for ultimate unstoppable plan.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:06:04 PM »
Aw heeeeeel yeeuh.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 01:29:16 AM »
I'd take advantage of my family and friends and have them do most of the work. Once they are infected, I'll kick them out of the fort.

Oh yeah, for weapons, I'd probably just use a torch because the idea of a burning zombie is hilarious.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 07:30:53 AM »
Buy all the guns and ammo I can (or just pick it up off the shelves if the stores are abandoned), same with food, barricade myself in one of the above stores, and go out in a blaze of glory, if I must indeed go out.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:59:58 AM »
I regret to say I haven't considered extensively my plan for a zombie apocalypse, but I do know this: Best weapon=A shotgun. Grenades will send zombie-shrapnel everywhere and flamethrowers/torches... well, now you've got a flaming zombie running around.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Mind you, I would also want a reliable sword or other melee weapon for when the ammo runs out.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »
We take Pete's car, go round Mum's, go in, deal with Philip, grab Mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »
Mind you, I would also want a reliable sword or other melee weapon for when the ammo runs out.
Stabbing weapons won't do much good against the undead since they have no blood, and hacking off their limbs may slow them a little but they will still be going. You should look into various blunt weapons (hammers, maces, and the like) for maximum brain-crushage.

Of course, by the time you're in melee range, the zombie swarm will take you down unless you can get them separated.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
Oh and before I forget to mention, we're talking about REAL zombies, not rage zombies. The ones that hobble around and can't perform semi-complex functions like using a doorknob. (I'm looking at you, Dawn of the Dead Remake...)
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 04:19:03 PM »
Glorb, that won't work. How long do you think we'll be safe here?

Did I ever tell you guys about the bokken my brother bought at Wizard World last year? What about the non-working GameCube and keyboard (and its stand, and the working keyboard), or the music stands, or the heavy toolbox-like thing I made in shop back in sophomore year? I keep these bludgeons and more around my desk in case of zombie uprisings, so that I can hopefully keep chatting with the survivors while I'm smashing brains.

Next year I start adding proper weaponry, plus maybe a chain flail, and definitely a cricket bat (plus an aluminum baseball bat, which should also be much easier to obtain). Hopefully it won't be too late by then.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »
Well, here's my official plan:

1) Phone/text/email my friend and see if he's alive/if it's safe where he lives/if it'd be possible to drive over without getting eaten (his house is much more zombie-proof than mine).
 a) Assuming the criteria are met, I go over, help him barricade the place, and then travel using the rooftops of the nearby houses to get supplies and such. Then we'd signal for help to the National Guard dudes that inevitably come.
 b) If my friend is dead/whatever, I'd find the nearest easily-barricaded commercial building, clear out any zombies inside, team up with any still-sane survivors, barricade the place, and carry out the plan as usual.

Of course, this doesn't take into account things like the government pulling a Half-Life (sending in army dudes to silence all survivors).
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 05:10:06 PM »
See attachment for ultimate unstoppable plan.
Forget that!  I'm not hanging my brain out the window!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »
You did not seriously just say that.
...or did you?

Anyway, I don't have any specific plans, but I do plan on reading the "Ultimate Zombie Survival Guide" in the near future, so that'll help.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print