Print

Author Topic: What've you been reading?  (Read 30308 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2006, 01:39:31 PM »
Here you go TEM Here's Hardcover also

Anyway, I finished Catcher in the Rye today. It really, truly was a great book. It seems that the people that didn't like the book didn't pay too much attention to the end, the end was excellent, and it really left me thinking. I like the books that can do that.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2006, 03:10:03 PM »
Captian Underpants
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2006, 04:05:23 PM »
I should have said, "I can't find it in any libraries because I don't have any money to buy the book to go along with my copy of Black House."

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2006, 04:29:30 PM »
Captian Underpants

I remember that book, and teqniquely (sp?), that isn't a book. It's a comic book; AKA the thing that causes illiteracy. Anyways, I'm also finishing up on The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side and Sad Cypress.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2006, 07:02:09 PM »
The last novel I read was this and the last book I read was this.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 07:23:43 PM »
Latly i've started to read Goosebumps books. But they could make it a tad scarier.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2006, 07:38:24 PM »
I remember that book, and teqniquely (sp?), that isn't a book. It's a comic book; AKA the thing that causes illiteracy.

Geez, you're more ignorant than I thought.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »
Captain Underpants is definitely a book and not a comic book.  Sure, it's for preteens I'd say, and the comic book parts of the book are entertaining, to me at least.  Comic books don't cause illiteracy; they require reading, silly!  Plus they often reflect what society views as a hero.  They're like the new myths of our day, instead of Hercules and Achilles and that old stuff.

I'm reading the Diary of Anne Frank, the play version.  I might get a part in it at school.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »
Captain Underpants is definitely a book and not a comic book.  Sure, it's for preteens I'd say, and the comic book parts of the book are entertaining, to me at least.  Comic books don't cause illiteracy; they require reading, silly!  Plus they often reflect what society views as a hero.  They're like the new myths of our day, instead of Hercules and Achilles and that old stuff.

Quoted for Life. The world needs to hear you, man.

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »
Across Five Aprils.  Worst. Book. Ever. I'm gonna read Wicked next, some of my friends love that book.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2006, 11:25:06 PM »
Book-wise, I like anything that has to do with true crime.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2006, 04:55:06 PM »
Have you read any true crime books lately? (thread title)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2006, 08:45:04 PM »
Its a true crime that I'm going to start Walden soon in AP English. What a shame.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2006, 09:05:35 PM »
Does this count?

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2006, 09:06:32 PM »
I'm reading the look Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog. It's a really good book if you count out the fact that I have to turn in a highly detailed report about it on Friday.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print