Print

Author Topic: The Nonsense Game!  (Read 16707 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »
Bah, those facts were just amateur stuff.

-There was a character named 555. His father was named 1 and his mother was named 2. He had two sisters named 3 and 4. Schultz did this to show his opinion about today's stressed out modern world.

-Charlie Brown's father is a barber.

-Schroder was named after someone Schultz knew in college. He couldn't remember the guy's first name.

-Peppermint Patty was not actually named after the candy, as she was created before it's time.

-Franklin in the first African American character in the Peanuts cast.

-The other birds seen hanging around Snoopy and Woodstock are named Bill, Oliver, Conrad and Harriet.

-Snoopy's brother Marbles wore shoes.

-Snoopy's brother Spike is a personal friend of Mickey Mouse.

-Spike was also briefly taken in by Eudora, a later female character.

-The school that Sally goes to has a mind of it's own.

-Lucy and Linus had a brother named Rerun later on.

-Rerun got his name after Lucy expressed frustration over getting another brother.

-Peppermint Patty's real name is Patricia.

-Spike's best friend is Joe Cactus.

-Woodstock claims to be part eagle.

-Charlie Brown got Snoopy from the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm when he was little. His mother opted to get him a dog after a kid at the playground dumped a bucket of sand on his head.

-The aforementioned event is based on one of Schultz's one-panel Lil' Folks comics, which featured the first appearance of the name Charlie Brown.

-Linus' teacher Miss Othmar, is also named after someone Schultz knew in real life.

All of those are off the top of my head. Like I said before, no cheating.

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »
"Peppermint Patty was not actually named after the candy, as she was created before it's time."

Um...no. Schulz walked into his home and saw a bowl of those and said, well, i'll have a girl named Peppermint Patty in my comic!

Oh yeah?

Peppermint Patty always gets a D-Minus
Charlie Brown always falls for Lucy's Football Trick
Schulz's middle name is Monroe
"Pig-Pen" is always in a comic where the topic is Hygeine
Linus confuses Halloween with Christmas, believing in the "Great Pumpkin"
Snoopy sometimes refer to Charlie Brown as "That Round-Headed Kid"
Charlie Brown and gang are TERRIBLE at Baseball
"You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" is a Broadway classic
Schulz died on Feb. 12, 2000
AND...
Angry Ticks come from George Costanza's Nipples!
http://angryticksfirefromgeorgecostanzasnipples.ytmnd.com/

9 more points, The Chef. Just give up!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:47:28 PM by Nintendo Bros. »
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »
Um...no. Schulz walked into his home and saw a bowl of those and said, well, i'll have a girl named Peppermint Patty in my comic!

Um..no. That's just a rumor. Peppermint Patty made her first appearance in the strip before the candy was ever created. Get your facts straight.

Also, don't gloat. I haven't begun to scratch the surface. All of your facts are blatantly obvious to non-hardcore Peanuts fans, so you're the one  who seems desparate, considering your childish way of mocking me by posting a retarded YTMND.

Anyway, on with the facts...

-The Little Red-Haired girl was named "Heather" in one of the Peanuts specials, but this is non-canon.

-Charlie Brown once tried his luck with a girl named Peggy Jean in one story arc.

-Peggy Jean referred to Charlie Brown as "Brownie Charles".

-Snoopy planned to get married, but the bride ran off with Spike.

-Snoopy was owned by a girl named Lila before he belonged to Charlie Brown.

-Schultz admits to not liking Pig Pen very much, despite the character's large fan following.

-Schultz got the idea for Schroder's character when he drew a picture of Charlie Brown singing.

-Charlie Brown is not actually bald. His hair is just really light colored.

-Snoopy's other personas include Joe Cool and The Masked Marvel.

-Olaf looks the least similar to Snoopy out of all of his siblings.

-The first Peanuts special, A Charlie Brown Christmas, was sponsored by Coca-Cola. All of it's product placement in the intro was cut from any and all later airings.

The Current Score....

TC: 30

NB: 22

PL: 5

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2007, 05:42:27 PM »
I thought Sushie Boy was the one keeping score.

You obviously both know a nice deal about Peanuts, which is still pointless and dumb because if you hate fanfiction that ruins them so much, don't read it.

And, as an unaffiliated person who is not bound by the rules of this game, York Peppermint Patties were first produced in 1940, seven years before Lil' Folks, ten years before Peanuts, and twenty-six years before Peppermint Patty's first appearance.

(however, they weren't sold nationally until 1974)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »
TC: 30

NB: 22

PL: 5

EM: 1
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
I thought Sushie Boy was the one keeping score.

You obviously both know a nice deal about Peanuts, which is still pointless and dumb because if you hate fanfiction that ruins them so much, don't read it.

Actually, NB wrote this with the intention of showing his appreciation of Peanuts, but he ended up ruining it due to his limited knowledge of what Peanuts is truely like. He claims otherwise, hence the reason why I started this little contest. I'd actually better end it before it gets out of hand, unless the mods decide to split it off into it's own thread.

And, as an unaffiliated person who is not bound by the rules of this game, York Peppermint Patties were first produced in 1940, seven years before Lil' Folks, ten years before Peanuts, and twenty-six years before Peppermint Patty's first appearance.

(however, they weren't sold nationally until 1974)

That still doesn't prove that that's where he got the name, considering that last part.

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2007, 07:25:37 PM »
And the odds of it being a coincidence are?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2007, 07:44:57 PM »
I dunno. There's still no concrete proof.

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2007, 08:24:30 PM »
But you definitely can't say it was the other way around.

(Not that you did, I'm just sayin')

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2007, 09:31:57 PM »
Since when were you even in this challenge, PL? Better yet, all the things you listed are so obvious that they making my head explode on the inside.

The fact that you couldn't figure out that all of my answers were complete jokes made my head explode too!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 04:34:47 PM »
Sorry. I was blinded by my own anger. <:(

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 07:04:47 PM »
So'kay.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
Where's NB? I gotta tell him that the contest is off.

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2007, 08:08:39 AM »
Fine, but i still know alot about Peanuts.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »
 Wow! That was the best debate i ever read!
Continue with your story.
"I'm Mr. Lookalike"

Print