Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island music is CCCOOOLLLL too!  (Read 4759 times)

« on: April 13, 2003, 07:37:57 PM »
I'm just taking a survey, but if you think the music on Yoshi's Island is cool and creative, please reply( I know! I know! I'm so obsessed with Yoshi's Island )!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 07:51:24 PM »
Umm, yeah. It's good.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 08:04:38 PM »
Consider this my reply.
The music in that game has the perfect feel for it, and it doesn't get old, even after a long level.
Heh, 'specially the castle music.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 08:13:58 PM »
I think me and you are going to get along juuuuuuuust fine. And that's always a good thing. Trust me.... the other members here can verify what happens if you don't get along with me.... *cough 5 page tyrade cough*

And the YI castle theme is the best song EVER. That fast, 1 beat 3/4 time... the all-encompassing bass line... the eerie, yet not too overpowering melody... it's BRILLIANT.

That, it the song is in both 4-4 and Secret 5. My 2 favorite Mario levels EVER.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 03:31:29 PM »
I LLLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEE that song, and I always thought about it in 3/4 time too! You're like a long lost twin or something! I made my own version of it, but it sucks! You're right, we're going to get along just fine.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 05:04:20 PM »
Yoshi's Island has some of the best music, but I have to say that Paper Mario has the greatest.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 06:01:16 PM »
I've never played Paper Mario before, it's on N64, right?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 07:45:39 PM »
Yeah. It's also my favorite game EVER (so far).

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 08:10:58 PM »
PM has great music as well. I like Tubba Blubba's themes (All of them!)... And the song from the fight against General Guy.

And another song from PM I really like is the song that plays when you're in Shiver City trying to prove that you didn't kill the mayor.

Ah yes, I also tried making sheet music for the Castle theme from YI... I was doing pretty good, but then my mom had to factory reset the comp so I lost it...

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 10:38:51 PM »
I also like the music from YI, but I agree more with Paper Mario.  That is my favorite game aside from SSBM.  I have even written music for a lot of PM's songs.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 10:52:51 PM »
Wow. I'd have a hard time choosing between PM and YI's music. I really need to get PM on a real N64 as opposed to the ROM. Or get the soundtrack CD.
I find some of the orchestration for PM to be somewhat annoying, but that could just be because of the crummy sound emulation.
On the other hand, the Yoshi's Island music is just ON. Fits perfectly. All the time.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 4/14/2003 9:53:43 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2003, 05:53:38 AM »
I'll have to try PM at my friends house, she says she hates it but I never did agree with her.I made music on my computer like versions of SMB3 and stuff. That's some of my favorite music, too. I just like how scary the airship theme is on that, it feels like you're really there.

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2003, 06:19:36 AM »
You know, there's a cool remix of the Tubba Blubba battle theme at www.vgmusic.com

Everybody has the right to stupidity, but you''re abusing the privilage.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2003, 12:31:01 PM »
Wow! I'm not the only one who writes down Mario sheet music! (Actually, I just write the notes i.e. A B#, etc.) I have several songs memorized by heart on the keyboard/piano, including the backround music/accompanyment (non melody part). Gah! I don't know musical terms anymore! I used to be in band, but that was in elementary  school. The song I'm best at is THE END theme from Paper Mario (You know, from the intro and Pop Diva song?) It sounds almost just like it does in the game.

In YI I like the eerie castle music right before you get to a boss. I think it's also the song on "The Impossible? Maze" level.

--------------------

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2003, 06:05:47 PM »
I like all the songs on Yoshi's Island, but not the ending music, it's pretty at first, but gets boring.

Print