Poll

Is R.O.B. a Mario character now?

Yes
4 (16%)
No
21 (84%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Is R.O.B. officially part of the Mario gang?  (Read 14335 times)

« on: March 16, 2007, 12:05:32 AM »
So now that everyone's favorite Robotic Operating Buddy is a driver in Mario Kart DS, does anyone think we'll see him in future Mario titles?  Do you want him in future Mario titles?

I hope so... I love R.O.B. and I'd love to see him stick his adorable robotic head into the next Mario Party or Kart or Sports.  He's a helluva lot cooler than Daisy, Waluigi or Bowser Jr., that's for sure, and since I doubt Nintendo will make R.O.B. 2.0 for the Wii, I want him to live on in gaming somehow.  I'm very curious as to what kind of roles the little robot will have in the future (in Mario and non-Mario games). 

On the flip side though, I can see how some would see him as not "really" a Mario character.  He started as a peripheral for the NES, he's made cameos in F-Zero GX and the box art of Viewtiful Joe.  Anybody not want to see him in more Mario games? 
Haters gonna hate

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »
He's dumb. Partly it's fan service (his recent appearances), but more than anything else I think its Nintendo's embarassing habit to take every charcter in their games and act like they meant it went they came up with them (do you think Princess Daisy was meant to end up where she is now?). If they want to make the Power Glove or DK Bongos a character in the future, then full speed ahead.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 09:55:40 AM »
He's dumb. Partly it's fan service (his recent appearances), but more than anything else I think its Nintendo's embarassing habit to take every charcter in their games and act like they meant it went they came up with them (do you think Princess Daisy was meant to end up where she is now?). If they want to make the Power Glove or DK Bongos a character in the future, then full speed ahead.

Power Glove's Mattel... :D

Anyway, I wouldn't consider him any more of a Mario character than, say, Pac-Man...

(no I don't consider Pac-Man to be a Mario character)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 01:45:57 PM »
He should appear in more Nintendo games in general. [Edit] I'd kill to see a newer version of him made for the Wii.

~Don't swear. Yes, using that word that way is swearing. ~Sapph
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:24:54 PM by Sapphira »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 01:50:09 PM »
Nah, ROB's dead and won't come back, he just a fill in for more important characters character.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »
By no means. Just a bleh character as a filler for the twelvth so we can't have anyone really good and say, "Why do we need a heavier character than Bowser? Why not a GOOD character that DESERVES to be a recurring Mario character, like Fawful or somebody?" Well, too much of a good thing... R.O.B. as a Mario Kart DS racer is better than, say... Bowser Jr...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
If there's any justice in the world, he will disappear into obscurity again, free from our minds, especially since his appearance in Mario Kart DS ruled out the inclusion of Diddy Kong, which totally sucks.

Not to mention he lacks personality.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »
Meh, I hate Rob the Robot. He's pathetic as a character, and was pathetic as a toy too.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »
I own a ROB. Sort of. His head broke off when he fell at work and now his neck is limp. And so I took him for nothing.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 07:11:04 AM »
My mother bought two ROBs off Ebay after we saw them in the museum section of the Nintendo World store. I can't get either of them to work.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 09:11:47 AM »
You can't make anything from the NES era work anymore these days, people should have realized by now.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 12:49:45 PM »
Uh, what! That isn't correct.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »
ROB is an awsome blast from the past! I look forward to future appearances of this dude (if any). Of course with arms like his (or it), he'd most be likely considered an invention of E. Gadd's. 
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 03:10:45 PM »
Except he isn't. He was invented by Professor Hector.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »
I don't think he is quite yet. Maybe if ROB appears in one of the main Mario games (not what TMK considers to be spin-offs), then I would say yes.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print