Print

Author Topic: The RAISIN Thread: Talk about dried fruit here!  (Read 9068 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »
I said it before and I'll say it again: Raisins in meatballs are no good.

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »
Cookies with raisins = Teh Fail.

Muffins with raisins = Teh Fail.

Therfore, chocalate kisses > raisins.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 03:12:15 PM »
Chocolate kisses will always be better than raisins!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »
Man, I can't believe I forgot about dried bananas and dried pineapple. Also, apple chips = teh ultrawin. And Mr. Wiggles:
Cookies with raisins = Teh win.
Cookies with peanut butter and cookies with any chocolate = Teh tie for second place.

Bobman, other than the hatred of tomatoes and the order of dried fruits, your post is correct. I, personally, like tomatoes (better in a sandwich or salad, or alone, than dry), and I think the order is:
Dried apples > dried apricots > dried grapes > dried bananas > dried tomatoes > dried pineapple. I think the difference between each is minimal at best; I like them all almost equally. And I had a bowl of Raisin Bran earlier >:D

And TC, you're completely correct. Although I have to wonder, why exactly did you try them?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 04:46:56 PM »
My grandmother makes em' all  the time. I don't even like meatballs in general. Sausage is where it's at. ;)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
Why does your sausage have two turntables and a microphone?

Anyway, back to dried fruit: I. NEED. DRIED APRICOTS.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 12:30:12 AM »
Meat fails.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 01:03:06 AM »
Any guy that says meat fails deserves to have his man license taken away.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 01:26:10 AM »
I said it before and I'll say it again: Raisins in meatballs are no good.

...Wait. Who puts raisins in meatballs?

Note: I find both foods disgusting.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 03:05:46 AM »
Cookies with raisins = Teh Fail.
Muffins with raisins = Teh Fail.
Therfore, chocalate kisses > raisins.
This reasoning makes no sense. It needs "Cookies with chocolate kisses = Teh Win" and "Muffins with chocolate kisses = Teh Win" in order to work.

Back on topic, raisins are nasty. Whenever there's Raisin Bran, I always pick out the raisins. One of the few cases, if not only, where I prefer the "cereal" part over the little goodies in a cereal. Trail mix, Raisin Bran, and oatmeal cookies are all ruined because of raisins. I'd totally like those foods if the raisins were removed or replaced with chocolate or a different dried fruit, like cranberries. Dried cranberries are awesome. Thankfully, though, the raisins don't bother me enough that I won't eat the above items; I tend to pick the raisins out, but, even so, it gets annoying.

Back off topic, tomatoes are awesome no matter how they're prepared. All non-sweet foods are better when tomatoes are involved somehow. Plain, salsa, marinara, BBQ sauce, soup, etc. Although I'm not big on ketchup.
And cheese; All non-sweet foods are better with cheese, too. Seriously, cheese and tomatoes are the two most important items to me in anything non-sweet I eat. If one or both aren't involved in a meal, I usually add them.

Bananas, on the other hand, are disgusting no matter how they're prepared. Even if there is a tiny hint of banana--even if artificial flavoring--in something, I will not eat it.

I haven't had dried apples, but apple chips are awesome. I haven't had them in forever. I want some now. :(
Ground beef > ground sausage.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 04:40:17 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 03:55:17 AM »
Bananas rule, raisins rule. Tomatoes are half of the foods I don't like.

Now I'm hungry.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 10:49:39 AM »
What's the other half?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
Tomatoes are one of my most favorite foods. Bananas I'm not a fan of, unless I get to bite into them. As for Raisins, the only time I actually like then is if I get a big can of raisins and eat them as is, usually handfuls at a time.

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
Peanut butter.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2007, 02:55:11 PM »
o_O
Tomatoes and peanut butter are two of the best things ever.
That was a joke.

Print