Print

Author Topic: Idea for New Mario Game  (Read 15851 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »
He wasn't talking to you.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »
How would my idea be totally different?  It brings back a lot of the old school characters and brings back the old go from Grass World to Desert World to Giant World to Ice World etc. 
So that means it is a 3D version of SMB3.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »
SM64 had those levels too.

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 06:01:54 PM »
Not Ice World, though. I made a SMB3 "hack" of SM64.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Boo Dudley

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 06:09:15 PM »
Cool, Cool Mountain wasn't an Ice level?

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »
Right, but it was more snowy. I do recall the one place in the mirror room (I forget the name).
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Boo Dudley

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »
Right, but it was more snowy. I do recall the one place in the mirror room (I forget the name).

Snowman's Land :)

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »
Did you ever play Super Mario Galaxy, by any chance?

Yes, I got 30 something stars so far and beaten Bowser 2x and Bowser Jr. 
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 10:02:40 PM »
Apparently what I said is over all of your heads.  In Mario 64 you did not travel to worlds you had paintings or whatever and you didn't have a world with 8-13 levels of Ice or desert, etc.  Each one bringing in new techniques like one with slick ice, one with ice that melt and plants came after you, etc.

None of you were old enough to remember the old school games... whatever.  I am done arguing with you morons.  People like you are why Playstation 2 kicked Nintendo's butt the last 5 years.  Like I said, the old Mario games had something the new ones up until Galaxy haven't had.  The numbers of sales back up what I said. 
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »
Or, you know, you could play Super Mario Galaxy (what's the deal with this guy?).

Chupperson Weird flamed me far before I said anything about me.  I should just be an ahole like him and follow him around challenging all his posts.

BTW to all the critics I don't understand their logic about not being Original because Galaxy, 64, etc. use all the same ideas as Mario games before them.  Same enemies, same jumping to avoid pits, using blocks to access items - paths, etc., battling in multitude of environments, save Princess from Bowser.

To be honest, nothing is original today. 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 10:10:22 PM »
You assume too much.
At any rate, since SM64 was the first 3D platformer, I think it did alright for itself. Back when they didn't store games on DVDs, it wasn't feasible to program 50+ individual levels in 3D where you have, you know, that whole extra dimension of depth.
What's the deal? You already have SMB3, so having SMB3 exactly translated into 3D is pretty pointless. Why would you be so small-minded as to want a game that exactly mimics ones that are made in a completely different manner?
P.S. Triple post?
That was a joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 10:19:23 PM »
You assume too much.
At any rate, since SM64 was the first 3D platformer, I think it did alright for itself. Back when they didn't store games on DVDs, it wasn't feasible to program 50+ individual levels in 3D where you have, you know, that whole extra dimension of depth.
What's the deal? You already have SMB3, so having SMB3 exactly translated into 3D is pretty pointless. Why would you be so small-minded as to want a game that exactly mimics ones that are made in a completely different manner?
P.S. Triple post?

I am not being small-minded... you are by attacking all my threads.  What is so wrong with a coop Mario game idea?  I brought this up everywhere else and people loved the idea.  In fact this is only place I have heard it flamed so much, maybe that is while I am a little hostile toward everyone and I am sorry. 

Sorry about triple post, I don't get on here much so want to get as much in as possible. 

Instead of flaming it, how about you point out some good points and then make your own idea out of mine.  IMO Mario games should always be Mario games.  Galaxy lives up to this, classic go save princess.  Only problem I have with Galaxy is that I cannot have a second person tag along as Luigi like the old days.  Also where is Yoshi?  In a battle so big, it would seem that most the Mario characters would be caught up in it. 

Also I have people over to play the sports and party games and would love to see characters like Wario, DK, Waluigi, etc. make appearances in single player adventure games.  I use to love the Mario Cartoons and would love to see the Koopalings return (however, I still say keep Bowser Jr., he can have 8 kids).   

Plus, I have already beaten SMB 3 numerous times... I want something new like it.  Super Mario World and SMB3 where awesome games, I wish we could see more games follow their style.  I wanted to try NSMB but don't have DS and don't want to buy it just to play NSMB. 

Finally as for coop.  I love multiplayer games.  In fact, half the time I won't play video games unless there are people with me.  I know Galaxy is 2 player but the 2nd player's role is very very limited and is not the same as if they had a whole character to use.  I think a 4 player Mario adventure game would be novel and would be an excellent idea.  However, I think it should not be a mainstream mario game.  I think it should follow a hit like Galaxy.  You can have more then one Mario games on a system (see NES). 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »
I don't flame. I never flame. However, I did not think your idea had any good points. Also, older games didn't need all the superfluous characters, so why would new games?
That was a joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:55 PM »
I don't flame. I never flame. However, I did not think your idea had any good points. Also, older games didn't need all the superfluous characters, so why would new games?

You are in your exact sentence.  "I did not think your idea had any good points."  Your idea is dumb, etc.  That is basically what a flamer/troll does.  However, your points are noted.  We can agree to disagree.  However, tell me.  In your opinion what should a new/next Mario game be? 
Go Vols!

Print