Print

Author Topic: A Letter from the Princess...  (Read 20616 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 10:48:15 AM »
You see Area 64, It works like this, all these crappy 3rd party companies make crappy games for sup-par movies right? People say "Let's buy Meet the Robingsons: The Game! The movie was good and we think the game will too!" People are too stupid to just go on ahead and buy a game willy nilly, without actually reading some reviews or finding out about the developers history to see past and crappy projects. So people buy the games and realize that they suck. As long as people keep buying these games companies will still crank them out. So is it really Nintendo's fault? They don't make those movie based games, they just approve them. So It's our fault! And another thing, nobody knows what may be in store for us for the rest of the Wii's lifespan, The little thing is still young.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »
Uh, 360 is definitely not more popular than Wii. Even among "hardcore" gamers.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 12:22:21 PM »
Really?  I must still be living in the GCN's days.  The poor thing didn't deserve to die the way it did.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »
Yeah, no goodbye game from Nintendo, almost every one of their consoles had a Mario game at the end of it's lifepsan, SNES had SMW 2 and SMRPG, 64 had PM, the GCN didn't get anything.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 03:17:01 PM »
SPM was originally planned for the GCN.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »
It got Twilight Princess, but it was too late. Why d'you care, anyway... The GameCube got its super-kick-your-face game long ago. It's called Super Smash Bros. Melee.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
I'm just saying that the GCN deserved a super awesome special goodbye game for it to go out with a bang.  Sure, it had Twilight Princess, but the fact that it was also available on the Wii kinda lowered the intensity.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »
It did go out with a bang... it just didn't make it. Why does it matter, it's not like Wii Industries is its own company that threw GameCube Incorporated out of business. It's still Nintendo. They just created a revolution that was so great that it killed the GameCube. Pretty good, seeing them accomplish a sudden jump to a new system and be able to let go of the GameCube so quickly. Nostalgically speaking, this doesn't make the GameCube look too good though, but that's just the way things go. If the Wii hadn't killed the GameCube, Super Paper Mario would probably have been a GameCube game and not have sold as well as it has.
In short, the GameCube had a good run. That's why I kept my broken one. I want it fixed, eventually, for two reasons: for the nostalgic value, and starting GC games on the Wii is a bit of a hassle, not being able to navigate the menu with a GC controller. But let's stop mourning and enjoy the Wii.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 06:56:57 PM »
I am enjoying the Wii.  I was just kinda giving a moment of silence for the GCN.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 07:44:48 PM »
NoA can stop thinking they're witty any time now...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 12:55:46 AM »
Uh, 360 is definitely not more popular than Wii. Even among "hardcore" gamers.
Yeah it is, mostly due to the fact that the Wii doesn't really have any hardcore games yet. I'm talking multiplayer.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
I always thought the 360 was more popular. Most everyone I talked to at my school had one.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:19 AM »
Pl, you're still living in 2006, now that the Wii's flooded the market and their vast armies prepare to destroy cultural landmarks, the Wii is on the top now! 360, still with larger game sales is second! But PS3, I feel bad for them, they should be like Sega, make crappy platformers for Nintendo!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
You know, all I have to say is that I'm hoping people can stop gawking at graphics and really look at the gameplay. Who cares if the graphics aren't HD? It's the game that really offers the experience. People still play Super Mario Bros., and that has 8-bit graphics. Graphics are really just a gameplay enhancer, to offer a more realistic or eye-pleasing experience. Once people realize that you don't need incredibly realistic graphics or super charged systems to have fun gaming, the gaming world will be a better place.

P.S. I'd also like to say, as people would probably point this out, that there are great games with amazing graphics. Examples include Gears of War, Twilight Princess, Halo (3), and Motorstorm (there, at least one for each system.) I'm just trying to say that graphics don't make the game. They enhance it.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 12:08:23 PM »
Pl, you're still living in 2006, now that the Wii's flooded the market and their vast armies prepare to destroy cultural landmarks, the Wii is on the top now! 360, still with larger game sales is second! But PS3, I feel bad for them, they should be like Sega, make crappy platformers for Nintendo!

Uh..........no.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print