Print

Author Topic: Worst--Movie--Ever.  (Read 21535 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 07:50:23 AM »
Napoleon Dynamite is an epic masterpiece of humor.

It also got massively overquoted and referenced, but that's just a sign of how good it was.
That's more or less my arguement.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »
I can't think of a movie less epic than Napoleon Dynamite.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 08:23:29 PM »
The humor is of epic quantities, not the movie (plot).

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 09:36:48 PM »
Napoleon Dynamite is one of my favorite movies of all time in so many degrees.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 04:25:07 PM »
I don't really watch many movies, so the movie I'm about to list may not be the worst of all time, but it's bad:

Eight Crazy nights.

Seriously, the movie was terribly unfunny. Potty humor can be good, but not when it's extensively shoved down your throat. Then it's just gross. Not an inch of this film is worth a laugh, a chuckle, a chortle, a guffaw, a giggle, a cackle, a hee-haw, a snicker, a smirk, a titter, a whizgigging or even a "tee-hee". It's that bad.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
I didn't like Eight Crazy Nights either. After Big Daddy, most of Sandler's films stopped being funny. My mother got me Eight Crazy Nights as a gift for my Confirmation, but I found myself fast-forwarding through the terrible music in the movie.

Mr. Deeds was terrible, and I didn't like Anger Management much either. Click was okay, as was Chuck and Larry.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 12:56:59 AM »
Me? I can't stand Sandler.

As for bad movies, I don't have much judgement on that accord, considering I love watching terrible movies, for a good laugh. Like old 50s sci-fi and the like. But, as for just BAD, not even funny bad, I'd have to say that I hated Fantastic Four. I hated Fantastic Four a great deal.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 12:59:08 AM »
All I'll say about this is that the sequel was a proper Fantastic Four movie.
That was a joke.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »
What do you mean?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 01:43:29 AM »
I mean it was very good and captured the tone and spirit of the comics almost perfectly. To be clear, by "it", I mean Rise of the Silver Surfer.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 04:01:01 PM »
For truly horrible movies, it's hard to pick which ones are the worst because they're all hard to sit through.

Home Alone 3. I mean, what's the point without the original Kevin and original bandits?

Ping! The movie was "Home Alone" with a chihuahua outsmarting the bandits. The chihuahua's final trick is flying in a small hang glider. I'm not making any of this up. I rented it thinking it had to be so bad as to be good... but no, it was plain bad.

Resident Evil. Had nothing to do with the game. Nothing.

The Ladykillers. The trailer was a riot. The actual movie was terrible. Imagine, a movie starring Tom Hanks that wasn't good.

Brother Bear. My friend said it was the best movie of all time. I watched it... and man was it boring and repetitive. Not even Rick Moranis voicing one of the moose could save this film.

Star Wars Holiday Special. Okay, so I only saw a five-minute montage of it on YouTube, but even that was four minutes too long. I agree that George Lucas was wise to prevent that special from ever being distributed to the public ever again. I also agree that it needs to be MST3K-ified.
You didn't say wot wot.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 07:36:45 PM »
Napoleon Dynamite.

I'll say what was originally a PM to N64 Chick (IIRC):

When I saw the previews for the movie, I immediately knew I wouldn't like it. When I saw the commercials for it on TV, I still knew I wouldn't like it.

My mother thought it would be a cute movie though. So she dragged my father, my sister, my brother, his girlfriend (at the time), and myself to the movies every so often to try and see it. The first few times my mother tried, it was sold out, which was a huge relief for us, so we either picked another movie or just left and did something else that night.

"Why don't you guys wanna see it?" My mother usually asked.
"Because it's about a LOSER." Was my brother's reply. And I agreed.
"It looks pretty stupid" was his girlfriend's reply.

Then finally came a night when the movie wasn't sold out. We dreaded walking into the theater, where it had already started with the opening credits. I sat next to my father, who also shared my sentiments. It was EXACTLY how I thought it was going to be. Terrible.

Every 20 minutes or so my father and I would comment about how bad it was. I did not laugh once. My father also was easily able to keep a straight face, as were my brother and his girlfriend. My brother and his girlfriend would also turn around in their seats and comment with us how stupid the movie was.

2 hours of my life, wasted.

When we left the theater, we all said to mom that if she wants to see a movie like that again, she can just go by herself.

I really hate terrible movies.

Man...there's so many things I want to say to you......but I won't, cause I'm tired and don't really care. I'll sum it up here:

Get a (         freekin         ) sense of humor! (                                       Goodbye.                                      )
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 07:40:02 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 08:54:56 PM »
I loved Eight Crazy Nights. The humor may be extremely immature, and Adam Sandler writes some terrible songs, but that's what I love about it. Also, I can relate to Sandler's character because he's the biggest jerk to everyone around him and no one actually does anything about him. At least not until the end.

Anyway, why hasn't anyone mentioned Son of The Mask? that's probably the first movie I saw previews for and tried my hardest to avoid as much as possible.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »
Napoleon Dynamite is definitely not my style of humor, at all. I saw it and my sentiment for the entire movie was "what, what?"
~I.S.~

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 02:43:47 AM »
While Napoleon Dynamite isn't the worst movie ever, it's the worst movie I've seen in the past several years, at least. 
I watched it with my then-girlfriend and we were both wanting our hour and a half back... well, except for the dancing scene.  She enjoyed that because she's a dancer.
I don't know why anybody would want to celebrate mediocrity, but I guess that's how our society is going.
That's not to say the setting itself was inherently bad.  Freaks and Geeks was a great TV show.  It was actually funny.
I think Roger Ebert got it right.

Print