Poll

WarioWare characters for the Mario games?

Yes, by all means!
10 (43.5%)
Don't care, as long as the classic characters are kept.
8 (34.8%)
No, they don't belong there!
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: WarioWare characters in Mario games?  (Read 18856 times)

« on: March 24, 2008, 09:15:48 AM »
Last year, I played through the five games of the WarioWare series and I quickly became a fan of it. I also like the characters that were introduced with the series, especially Mona, 9-Volt and Ashley (and Red), but also the other ones. Sadly, these characters had practically not any role in other games so far (except for Brawl, of course).

I would like to see that at least some characters of the WarioWare crew appear in future Mario sports and party games as playable characters.  After all, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong from the DK series also made it, and Diamond City already appeared as a track in Mario Kart Arcade GP.

What do you think? Should the WarioWare characters also appear in Mario games or don't they belong there?

Happy Easter to all! :-)

P.S. Yes, I know that the Wario games can be understood as part of the Mario series, too,  but I speak about games that include Mario's name in the title, like Mario Party, Mario Kart and so on.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:20:10 AM by Grandy02 »

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:33:53 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure Wario's motorcycle from WarioWare is appearing in Mario Kart Wii, but, it doesn't really phase me. However, I will get mad if they replace his overalls.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:42:33 AM »
Well, I'm pretty sure Wario's motorcycle from WarioWare is appearing in Mario Kart Wii, but, it doesn't really phase me. However, I will get mad if they replace his overalls.
The motorcycle doesn't phase me, too, since it isn't a character. ;-) By the way, I've added a poll to the topic.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »
Same here. It's a pretty good idea.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »
I don't think Wario Ware characters belong in Mario at all. They look different and act totally different from characters like Yoshi, Luigi and Peach. Wario Ware Wario doesn't belong in a Mario game either. I pray that they don't integrate Wario Ware Wario into Mario games, because then he'll stop wearing his overalls. That may not matter to some, but to a guy that grew up playing the Wario Land games, the overalls make all the difference. Sorry, but his Wario Ware outfit sucks.

>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:18:35 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »
I know Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 isn't a "WarioWare" game, but it fits in the Wario and Mario universe and has both characters in the title.  Wario might not be wearing his Warioware outfit, but he is still Wario.

Mario appears in all WarioWare games and WarioWare appears in Mario games like SSBB.  Would you take the Mario microgames out of WarioWare or the WarioWare level, characters, stickers, trophies, and Subspace appearances out of SSBB? 

I think a  WarioWare track with microgame effects in Mario Kart would be cool. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »
I wouldn't mind if Diamond City was made into a track for Mario Kart, but that's it.  I'm not really interested in mini games, so I'm not very familiar with WarioWare or its characters.  I don't care if the WarioWare characters join the roster in spinoffs.  The only Mario spinoff series I care about is Mario Kart, and I'm sticking with Yoshi as my main.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »
As cameos, yes.
Ditto used Machop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 02:02:38 PM »
Sorry, but his Wario Ware outfit sucks.

I hate the overalls. They're why Waluigi still isn't cool. He's still in the stage of his mid-life crisis when he thinks, "If I look like an evil version of a hero, I'll be popular with the kids!" Wario's moved on. There's no personality in the overalls, and that's okay--you don't even need a soul to play Mario Party. The WarioWare outfit works for an insane man obsessed with money. So when distinguishing between the two, I call one "Overalls Wario" and the other "The Only Good Wario." I'm glad I don't have to push any buttons to get to The Only Good Wario after selecting him in Brawl.

On the subject of WarioWare characters, they don't belong in Mario games.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
WarioWare is the only reason Wario is good at all. Well, that and maybe VB Wario Land. WarioWare characters and settings do not work within the Mario framework. Although, I wouldn't mind WarioWare stuff in a game like Mario Kart, I suppose.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 03:17:23 PM »
Mini games are just not doing it for me, and neither is Wario's biker outfit.  I'd like to see him set off on another treasure hunt in his classic attire.

Wario World 2: The Search for More Money.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 04:19:25 PM »
Hey, that's fine, I respect that. But I think Wario had plenty of personality before he changed outfits. Clothing really doesn't define a person's personality anyway. Wario acted greedy and power hungry years before he put the Ware clothing on, and because I was extremely used to the overalls (due to the fact that I actually played and loved Wario Land) I hate the Ware outfit. It's too fruity/flamboyant for Wario in my opinion. For me, pushing a few buttons to get to what I call "The Only Good Wario" is worth it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:23:26 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »
I know Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 isn't a "WarioWare" game, but it fits in the Wario and Mario universe and has both characters in the title.  Wario might not be wearing his Warioware outfit, but he is still Wario.
He doesn't wear his Greek fisherman hat for most of that game, either!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
Mini games are just not doing it for me
Well, play a WarioWare game and see if you like microgames. They're a lot more fun than minigames.
That was a joke.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »

Not to be off topic but am I supposed to be seeing half-opened eyeballs in his goggles? And what is that on his belt?

Print