Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Ignoring Mario Galaxy?  (Read 7216 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »

Synergy(noun): the working together of mulitple things (muscles or drugs for example) to produce an effect greater than the sum of their individual effects.

That's what the writer from Kombo is looking for from Nintendo. Some kind of Synergy between the big three Mario titles released recently, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii. Not to ruin the entire article, but he would have liked Nintendo to include references between the three titles so that Mario doesn't seem so distant in each. An example he gives would be adding a Galaxy-like move for Mario in Brawl, or a Galaxy dedicated MKWii level.

Read the article to see his full explanation. It has some inaccuracies, but nonetheless, you'll see his point at the end.

Link: wii.kombo.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »
There's another way of saying all that, and it's "Man, what the heck? There's nothing Mario Galaxy in these games?"

I don't think they're really ignoring SMG so much Brawl and MKW were made too far in advance to throw in anything Brawl-related. I mean, Galaxy is a pretty significant Mario game that Nintendo's proud of, so I figure they'd have references if they could.

But, of course, another part of me wants to say, "what do you mean, they 'ran out of time?' No they didn't? Great, now these game references are already out of date!"

Help!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 12:53:32 AM »
I just recalled seeing some news reports about Brawl. One of them said Rosalina was going to be an Assist Trophy (so was Duster, why the heck not). From what I remember, she made Star Bits rain down. Don't remember what they were supposed to do.

There were also supposed to be a load of awesome Poké Ball results that didn't happen, such as Eevee, who would appear, evolve and attack in that order. But for some reason all the Poké Ball results in the final product are either too rare to take note of, or suck. META!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:07:54 AM »
I just recalled seeing some news reports about Brawl. One of them said Rosalina was going to be an Assist Trophy (so was Duster, why the heck not). From what I remember, she made Star Bits rain down. Don't remember what they were supposed to do.
Though there were several rumored Assist Trophies, the Rosalina one was unofficially determined to be a Gardevoir that someone had misinterpreted from a distance (as some people said she produced a shield. As for the whole Star Bits thing... I don't know. There's no reason I can thing of that they would remove an already-demoed Assist Trophy). That, and the report from which that information came was in poorly translated English from Japanese. As for the Duster one... I'm stumped.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
The Mario in Brawl sounds sort of like the Mario in Galaxy.

.. That's really all I have to say, since I haven't seen/played Mario Kart Wii..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »
What I'm wondering is why they didn't add music from Galaxy in Brawl when they added music from Guns of the Patriots (Metal Gear), which hasn't even come out yet.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 07:57:50 AM »
Hideo Kojima loves Nintendo more than they love themselves, I guess.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
What I'm wondering is why they didn't add music from Galaxy in Brawl when they added music from Guns of the Patriots (Metal Gear), which hasn't even come out yet.

Funny, a lot of the Metal Gear Solid references were from the PS2 games! I guess Sakurai likes his PS2...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »
Yeah, any MGS references from anything but the first MGS game would apply to the PS2 ones! Imagine that!

Edit: Yeah, I don't think Twin Snakes counts for much.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »

That's a good question; Galaxy has some of the best game music I've ever heard.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 10:18:30 PM »
Indeed.

Print