Print

Author Topic: So how's that weather  (Read 16060 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
I've never participated in a water balloon fight since that one summer in which my dad hit me with one right in the eye.  It stung for weeks.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
Rain was pelting down and LOUD thunder here. And I mean LOUD! L-O-U-D LOUD!!!!
YoShI lOvE!*!*!:D!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Hot... in Hawaii!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2009, 09:17:12 AM »
Okay, we've got an insane heat wave going on here. As in, going-to-peak-in-the-100s hot. In Washington. I can stand outside shirtless at night and be comfortably warm. It would be bad enough just being really hot, but I saw Knowing again a few days ago...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »
Being in Central Texas, we're at the very bottom of tornado alley. (Also, if you remember the Jarrell, TX EF5 tornado that hit in 1997... I lived 25 miles north of that town. We had many EF0s and EF1s in Troy where I lived at the time while the EF5 was occuring).

When I was younger, we'd have a few to several tornadoes every summer. As of the past 5-6 years, there have been tornadoes one summer, then no tornadoes the next, always following that pattern. This summer broke that trend and there have been about 7-10 tornadoes reported within 40 miles of where I live from late May to now, one of the warnings being issued for the city of Morgan's Point Resort...which is where I live and I saw the thing! (MPR is 2.6 square miles and considered a city, but Belton is the "mother-town," if you will, and that's where I say I live when asked... that is if you're not from the area.)

Anyway, as of late, it's been horribly hot like it was every summer when I was younger. The past 6-7 years have shown an unusual trend of being moderately warm for most of the summer, then getting into the triple digits in September while being cold/cool as late as April. Two years ago, it snowed here on Easter day, extremely unusual because the temperature would already be in the high 80s/low 90s by that time.

This summer has also broken that trend, and it's been hot since mid-March, as always. We actually broke a heat record that was set in the 1960s for most consecutive days of triple-digit temperatures (previous record was 29 days, new record is 32 days). The lowest of those triple digit days was 101º, while the hottest day was 112º with a heat index of 116º-117º. Yeah, that's hot. If the humidity is low, it's bearable, but if not, it's absolutely killer. With occasional storms, it'll be horribly humid in the morning, burn off during the day and just be super hot, then once it starts cooling down, it gets very humid again- extremely annoying.

Lowest temperature in my area I've ever experienced: 14º
Highest temperature in my area I've ever experienced: 119º
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
It hailed this afternoon. O_o
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »
It's raining and thundering. No lightning as of yet. I was kinda hoping for a good thunderstrom.. :(
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »
California all of the sudden wants to be temperate and seasonal. By that I mean that it's been unnaturally hot here.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
It snowed today.

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »
^
Any pics?

Anyway, it was supposed to rain all day today and it didn't. It stormed like crazy the night before, however.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2009, 06:49:09 AM »
Finally rained all day yesterday from morning to the next day after weeks of no rain.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print