Print

Author Topic: Why is wall jumping/kicking so satisfying?  (Read 39717 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:29 PM »
All I implied was that I don't want to crash into a vehicle driven by a person whose undivided attention is suddenly captured by a woman, regardless of attractive quality.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »
Oh now I'm wrong about how hot real women are huh!!?? lol....  But actually yes, she is very hot and I have absolutely NO idea how you can look at a hot chick in a pink, form fitting shirt, and not think about how sexy she is.

What the heck man? You just admitted to being a Christian in the "End of the World" topic. Lusting after a woman isn't good Christian behavior. Just calm down and focus on something else. There's more to life than a woman's body.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:27:34 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2008, 09:54:28 PM »
Your right.  Thats a HUGE weakness with me though....
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:03:59 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2008, 10:55:52 PM »
SHOCKING FACT!
Christians also have sex!
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 11:02:42 PM »
Yeah, so? Does that mean he/she should openly lust after a person of the opposite sex? We're (Christians) supposed to wait for the right person to come along and then totally commit to that person after we've vowed to stay together. Just because a Christian has sex doesn't mean we have to lust. Sex and lust are two totally different things.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:17:49 PM by PaperLuigi »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2008, 07:17:25 AM »
Hole in a sheet. Solves everything.

Wait, how did we get from wall kicks to **POLITICAL DISCUSSION**?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2008, 07:48:35 AM »
I've prepared a flow chart.

Wall jump -> Ground pound -> Hip drop -> Belly dancing -> Samus is hot -> Sarah Palin is hot -> Rosalina is hot -> This random chick is hot -> For crying out loud, stop saying everyone is hot -> Why are we talking about this -> This post

In regard to the topic of the last few posts, see Matthew 5:27-28. In regard to the topic of the topic, sort of, I like how you can walk backwards through walls in SMB when you're on a moving platform. More on-topic, I never liked SM64's wall jump, though that may be more because I never had a decent N64 controller. I also really like sliding down walls. Like in N. I need to get the DS one someday.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:54:38 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »
A bad N64 controller can indeed ruin wall kick attempts in SM64.  It's still my favorite game for wall kicking, though.  I guess it's because there were a lot more opportunities to skip past elaborate traps set by the programmers to just get to a star.  For example, in Whomp's Fortress, one can simply wall jump to the "Into the Wild Blue" star.  And then in Hazy Maze Cave, one can wall kick up to the red mesh instead of going through the Toxic Maze and everything.  Then of course there are the long jump tricks, like wall jumping to the Secret Library star in Big Boo's Haunt, and long jumping from the tower to the caged island in Whomp's Fortress.  What a fun game.

Does/did the long jump move appear in any other Mario game?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »
Yes, in SMG. It was strangley absent from SMS..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
The long jump is your friend when racing Cosmic Mario.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »
I like playing and jumping to reach spot you shouldn't reach that way.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »
It was strangley absent from SMS..

A lot of things were absent in SMS. I guess that's one of the reasons I can't stand that game.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
The long jump is your friend when racing Cosmic Mario.

Even more so when facing Cosmic Luigi (yeah, no need for spoiler tag).

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »
Oh now I'm wrong about how hot real women are huh!!?? lol....  But actually yes, she is very hot and I have absolutely NO idea how you can look at a hot chick in a pink, form fitting shirt, and not think about how sexy she is.

The white collar is kind of ugly.

I've prepared a flow chart.

Wall jump -> Ground pound -> Hip drop -> Belly dancing -> Samus is hot -> Sarah Palin is hot -> Rosalina is hot -> This random chick is hot -> For crying out loud, stop saying everyone is hot -> Why are we talking about this -> This post

I nominate this for post of the year. Also, you forgot the religion aspect.

In regard to the topic of the last few posts, see Matthew 5:27-28. In regard to the topic of the topic, sort of, I like how you can walk backwards through walls in SMB when you're on a moving platform. More on-topic, I never liked SM64's wall jump, though that may be more because I never had a decent N64 controller. I also really like sliding down walls. Like in N. I need to get the DS one someday.

Um, wall-jumping is in SMS...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:26:12 PM by Glitchy »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »
Does/did the long jump move appear in any other Mario game?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print