Print

Author Topic: A Compelling Article  (Read 25739 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »
Odama is one of the most weirdly awesome games ever made!
Well, I had considered getting it, but I'd heard... mixed reviews. I mean, if anyone else who played it here wants to throw in a recommendation, I might pick up a copy. After all, I've decided to devote my purchasing from now on to buying older games I didn't get the first time around.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »
Sorry, never played it.  I only have 3 Gamecube games.

Yeah, but playing Ratchet & Clank for the eleventeenth time gets boring after a while.

Actually, endless Hero Mode replays in Up Your Arsenal almost never bores me... I wish it were as easy to start a Hero Mode game in Jak 2 or Jak 3...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
True, UYA has better replay value than the other PS2 Ratchets, but the environments in platformers tend to wear thin on me after a while.

Also, Odama FTW. As long as you realize it's impossible to truly be good at it, you'll have a fun time.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
That baby hasn't aged at all in ten years? WITCHCRAFT!!
every

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
Sorry for my previous post, I know it wasn't very constructive.

I don't know about you, but I am happy with 2 new good (or at least promising) games. So I don't really see a problem (for me anyway).
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2008, 12:24:16 PM »
Wario Land, Kirby Super Star, and Rhythm Heaven should keep people happy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »
Agreed.

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2008, 02:34:55 PM »
And there are some good thirty games arriving...Madworld, Sonic Unleashed etc. Nintendo ended their production cycle on lots of first party titles between last fall and this summer. I really just feel as if nothing is far along enough to present aside from WarioLand. Maybe we'll get something exciting at the next show...

As far as that list...three of those games look pretty hardcore.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »
While I agree with Shadow Brain's posts regarding the topic of Nintendo's E3, I'm starting to agree with Bird Person's opinions that he should just let it go and hope for something better...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2008, 07:07:32 AM »
It's definitely true that '98's E3 line up was much better than '08's but look at some of the good games on the list: Animal Crossing: City Folk (the best there), Kirby Super Star Ultra (although I'm not sure what that game is all about I'm just assuming its gonna be good), Super Mario Sluggers, and Wii Speak.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
Hahahahahhahaahahahahhhaaaaaah, ha ha ha hahahaha, heh heh heheh heh, huh, ha, hunh....

Wooooooo. *sniff*

That's funny.
every

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »
I guess your not using some of that great, Genuine Glorbian SarcasmTM huh Glorb?
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2008, 09:51:24 AM »
No, it's just that lower budget games and/or games on Nintendo systems in general are Glorb's one true weakness. He'll die if he comes within 100 feet of one.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
I subsist on a steady diet of Halo 4 and Metal Gear Solid 5.
every

Print