Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 60679 times)

« on: September 06, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »
If the Fungi Forums alone decided the presidential election, who would win? Vote here!

---------------------------------

I'm going Obama for three reasons:

1) A couple years ago, I bet my sister ten bucks that the next President would be either black or female. I was very pleased by the Democratic primary race. :)

2) McCain is too old. The older a brain is the harder it learns things, the harder it changes its mind based on new information, and the easier it goes crazy.

3) I'm "liberal".

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »
I'd support Obama, because he appears to be the least stupid of the two main candidates, but since you asked about the Fungi Forums alone, I think Deezer and MB might win.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »
Were I in a sillier mood, I might have voted for Deezer/MEGAߥTE.  Seriously, I'm going for McCain.  For me, he's the lesser of two evils, I can't stand the thought of Obama in office.  Not because he's black, because he's:

1. Inexperienced

2. Will tax us until we're wearing barrels

3. "Liberal"

I think Palin would make a better president than McCain, actually...Wouldn't this thread be under the category of "political discussion?"
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »
I was going to vote for Chuck Baldwin, but I think Palin has pretty much swayed me over to McCain. I won't vote for Obama because Marxism has never worked out very well. And I also echo the "Hey, isn't this political discussion?" question.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »
I'm conservative, but I don't really like McCain. He made a bad decision picking Palin as his running mate (I don't dislike her, but she really needs more years under her belt), and he's really more liberal than he lets on. I really wish the canadite was Mitt Romney, but that isn't the case. I'll vote for McCain only because not voting is really, really stupid and voting for a third party canadite is a huge waste.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 08:46:08 PM »
LD's idea was simple and didn't necessarily require discussion. Listing your reasons is one thing. That said:
Turtlekid, I would advise you to take a moment to use your mind, if possible and compare Palin's amount of "experience" to Obama's.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 08:50:08 PM »
lol @ parties. This man's got some great ideas. His promises look... promising. And I claim that I'm not racist, so it doesn't bother me that he could be president. Wait WHAT he's a democrat oh sh I can't oh no let's get that skeleton back on the mic
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 09:00:45 PM »
2. Will tax us until we're wearing barrels
You do realize that McCain's tax plan will tax all but the very rich more, while most people will actually get tax cuts under Obama.  Look it up rather than believing the talking points.

I can't stand the thought of Obama in office.  Not because he's black, because he's:
1. Inexperienced

I think Palin would make a better president than McCain, actually
This is a huge contradiction since Palin has less experience than Obama.

(And just FYI, I'm not pro-Obama either, just saying your arguments are ridiculous).

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 09:19:43 PM »
I was going to vote for Chuck NORRIS AND I DID
this is what i read from that
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
After much thought, I have to support the Obama and Biden (and the Democratic Party as a whole), even though I do not agree with all their views. The Libertarian Party best reflects my views, but even then I find myself disagreeing with their strongest points of corporate deregualtion. Such a shame they are so small! Curse America's two-party system.

lol
Did you just say that? You did not just say that.

Edit: I spent 42 minutes thinking over this post.  And I don't even have a vote.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »
*Puts hands over ears and closes eyes* Political discussion! Political discussion!

Also, Obama FTW.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 09:45:13 PM »
I'm for McCain.  I actually dislike McCain very much but here's the reasons why I would vote for him:

1)  His vice president and how she plans to really change this country for the better

3)  I'm "conservative"  (extremely conservative actually,  I fit more in the catagory of constitutionalist)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:49:25 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
I'm voting Nader in '08 because

1) He's got a lazy eye so he can see in multiple directions

2) He proved something about cars or something

3) I thought starting a political discussion would get you pushed off a building
every

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 07:49:18 AM »
Are you kidding me? Nadar is running again?!

EDIT: Doh! It's Nader, not "Nadar."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:22:59 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 09:15:34 AM »
I think you mean Nadir.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print