Print

Author Topic: Life on Mars Dissertation  (Read 9471 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:48 PM »
Swearing isn't against the rules in this forum, O Power Abuser.

(Getting around the censor is.)

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 09:14:47 PM »
Yeah, I'll admit that. I broke the rules by getting around the censor. She has every right to ban me for that and she should.

She shouldn't, however, censor me for using what society has deemed a "bad word." It's not really a bad word at all in my opinion. It just designates a place. I didn't use it in anger, nor did I curse someone to "go there."

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:30:47 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »
Most of society has un-deemed it by this point anyway.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
No, the mods who do care just aren't very active, if at all. Myself included. Or they don't read every thread--again, myself included. And just because I "care," it doesn't mean I'm abusing my power.
I think that word would be on the censored list if it weren't appropriate to use in certain contexts (talking about the place, as opposed to using it as an intensifier or curse). That context was an inappropriate one. But the word itself isn't really the problem I have; it's that I've been seeing you swear in your posts pretty frequently, even if they are minor words.

Please don't use the "Christian card". I don't mean to be Pharisaical about it, but I would think that as a Christian, one should desire to keep his or her speech pure. I know slip-ups happen, and we're forgiven and whatnot, but to intentionally continue to use such words... It bothers me. Maybe it's a pet peeve, whatever, but I still find it disrespectful. (Actually, casual swearing bothers me more than swearing in anger, if it's not aimed at someone.)

However, just because others swear and post inappropriate stuff doesn't make it okay or justify doing it, as well. (I do correct it from anyone, if I notice it.)

Just to reiterate:
  • No deliberately getting around the censors.
  • No harassing or threatening moderators.
  • No questioning or complaining about moderators' actions.
Now, PL, I know you're not guilty of the second one, but, LD, you're bordering on harassment, among other things (counting past actions, too).
I'm not going to ban you, PL, for reediting the swear, but consider this a stern warning.

I think we've gone on enough about this, so let's get back on topic.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Fair enough. I'll make sure to keep my posts clean from now on, and I certainly won't attempt to get around the censors again.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
I harass mods for breakfast.

And then I drink the milk.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 08:00:30 AM »
None of the other mods seem to care about profanity anyway.
Suffix? Wait, maybe that's just me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
We have an autocensor for a reason, and last I checked, it does its job for people who wish to use it. Sapph needs to stop getting personally offended by stuff, and stop censoring, srsly for realz. Let the censormachinebots do their job.
every

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
They already discovered life on Mars, but it's in the form of microscopic bacteria and other single-celled organisms that signify the most basic forms of life.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 05:21:19 PM »
We have an autocensor for a reason, and last I checked, it does its job for people who wish to use it. Sapph needs to stop getting personally offended by stuff, and stop censoring, srsly for realz. Let the censormachinebots do their job.

Well, she's the boss. If she wants us to stop, then we should.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 06:56:18 PM »
[Inappropriate text removed.]

If PaperLuigi had his way, we'd still be British!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:08:01 PM by Sapphira »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »
Well, whatever. I'm just glad to see Sapphira back, even if we do have to eat bangers and play weird baseball for a while.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:07 PM »
But the taxes! And our tea!

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »

Good Idea, I'll start the trend, starting with ou's.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »

Well, the Fungi Forums is a monarchy after all. The only true way to earn our independence would be to create an entirely different forum with a new set of rules.

Print