Print

Author Topic: What Mushroom is this?  (Read 8075 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:47:49 PM »
I searched in the Mariopedia and the Mario Wiki, and I couldn't find anything that looked like a yellow pallet swap of the Super and 1-up Mushrooms

What did these mushrooms do, and what game are they from?  This is going to be bugging me all night.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 12:01:32 AM »
I don't think they are in any games. Banpresto just makes mushrooms of all the colors of everyone's logo.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 12:05:26 AM »
Eat it and tell us what happens.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 12:54:06 AM »
*chomps*
an hour later...

Same effect that happens when you touch a fuzzy in Yoshi's Island, apparently.  No wonder I've never seen these in any of the games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »
Isn't there a flying Yellow ?-Up Mushroom in the cancelled items section of SMW?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 06:22:23 PM »
Actually, there is.

If anything, Chup is probably right. Either that or it's supposed to look like a Mega Mushroom but they got it totally wrong. :P

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
Maybe it's based off one of the Mushrooms in the Paper Mario series. Mushrooms are red, Supers are blue, ultras are green.. I'm pretty sure there was a yellow one in one of the games, but can't recall at the moment.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »
It may the gold mushroom from the Mario Kart 64 and throughout the series after.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:09 PM »
Or it's just a yellow Mario Mushroom.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:08:13 PM »
Poison Mushroom (SMK, SMB2j), Golden Mushroom (MK64 and on), Volt Shroom (PM), Mega Mushroom (NSMB), Shroom Drops (PiT), Super Mushroom (MP5, 6, 7), and I'm sure there were more. All of these are or at one time were yellow with minimal gimmicks.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 07:09:24 AM »
Bring Mariology into if you will, but I think the fact of the matter is that the manufacturer probably just didn't care about the color of the mushroom. Still looks nice, though.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 07:18:07 AM »
an hour later...

That can't be. Our posts were only forty-nine minutes apart.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 07:23:12 AM »
The mushroom also distorts one's sense of time and space. What did you think happens when you touch a Fuzzy?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 07:44:03 AM »
I always crouch until it's over, thinking to myself.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »
When is it going to stop!?!?!

I would want to out one on my (when I get one) car rear-view mirror instead of dice.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print