Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368998 times)

« Reply #435 on: May 12, 2010, 04:03:04 PM »
THE INTERNET HAS NAMED THE GRASS STARTER: Smugleaf

« Reply #436 on: May 12, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »
I've...I've never chosen the grass starter, but now...dang, I like that grass starter!

« Reply #437 on: May 12, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »
I picked Squirtle in the first game.

I picked Totodile in the second game.

I picked Mudkip in the third game.

And I picked Piplup in the fourth game.

So...this will be the first time that I won't be picking a water type. Wow.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #438 on: May 12, 2010, 10:45:43 PM »
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:09:51 AM by Deezer »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #439 on: May 13, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
Um...uh...wow... That water starter looks like a cross between Piplup and Bidoof with goodness-knows thrown in for kicks. I'll probably pick it anyway since I have a thing for water starters. Besides, there's more to Pokémon than looks.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #440 on: May 13, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
Do not insult Bidoof with your unsubstantiated comparisons and lies.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #441 on: May 13, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »
Let's see... I picked Chikorita in HeartGold, then when I borrowed Silver from my girlfriend, I picked Cyndaquil so I could name him Bowser. Then got annoyed when the cave was a lot tougher without a grass-type. Then I played a little bit of Yellow, so yeah. I'll probably pick Smugleaf when I get Gray... although the more I look at Bunnypig, the more he grows on me.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #442 on: May 14, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »
I like the trainer designs. The boy looks relatively normal after the fashion models we had for the last 2 gens, and he seems like a chill guy. The girl is just shamelessly fanservice and I love it. I just find it weird how one's dressed for the cold while the other looks like a resident of Phoenix, Arizona. Since this region is supposed to be far away, maybe we'll finally get a pseudo-America in the games?

The starters took a bit for me to warm up to, but they're all good. The fire one looks the most unique and I'm tempted to get him because he seems to have a lot more potential, even though Fire-types are horrendous. The grass starter oozes of cool and is already becoming popular, but he seems like he could be a Sceptile-rehash. He's being made specifically for Gen 5 though, so he won't be screwed over by Phys/Spe split. The water one looks like an obvious attempt at capturing Piplup's charm, but he's starting to stand out to me. If he also has a unique dual type, I'm all for choosing him. In general, there's no one here that looks significantly better than the others so my decision on who to start with remains up in the air.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #443 on: May 14, 2010, 07:59:04 AM »
Let's see... I picked Chikorita in HeartGold, then when I borrowed Silver from my girlfriend, I picked Cyndaquil so I could name him Bowser. Then got annoyed when the cave was a lot tougher without a grass-type. Then I played a little bit of Yellow, so yeah. I'll probably pick Smugleaf when I get Gray... although the more I look at Bunnypig, the more he grows on me.

You borrowed your girlfriend's copy to wipe her saved game? That's rough, man.

I like the trainer designs. The boy looks relatively normal after the fashion models we had for the last 2 gens, and he seems like a chill guy. The girl is just shamelessly fanservice and I love it.

Mr. Wiggles, I have the hardest time getting through your posts.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #444 on: May 14, 2010, 09:16:15 AM »
How is the girl any more fan service-y than May or Dawn?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #445 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
You borrowed your girlfriend's copy to wipe her saved game? That's rough, man.
She has her save backed up with a GameShark or something.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #446 on: May 14, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »
Mr. Wiggles, I have the hardest time getting through your posts.

I can't tell if this is a case of "I see what you did there" or if you actually mean that.

How is the girl any more fan service-y than May or Dawn?

Them ripped shorts man.

I've already seen lots of fanart for everyone revealed so far. Love how the grass starter has been made into a smug, arrogant jerk and the water starter is very emotional. Also, female trainer is given a Boston/New York accent in a lot of drawings I've seen, while the male just stands there looking awesome.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #447 on: May 15, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
Double postan.

Pokemon Sunday showed some more footage today. New stuff revealed was moving stationary sprites, Zoraork's ability in action, and the overworld getting a bit of a rehaul. NPCs seem more lively and can be moved out of your way, as well as holding convo's when you aren't speaking to them.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #448 on: May 15, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
They also showed some of the animated battle system with the new starters.

High Def video here: http://www.filb.de/forum/showthread.php?t=4388&from=1306

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #449 on: May 15, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »
I'm definitely liking the relatively high amount of detail in the new battle screen.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print