Print

Author Topic: It's the 3DS!  (Read 50719 times)

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »
Even if it is 3D, 3DS just barely having the same battery life as Game Gear in the best case scenario is just nuckin' futs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:34:21 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2011, 01:52:33 PM »
Well, my brother just got his. Here's to saving $250 by having a sibling!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
Same here, for now.

I want to at least wait to get my own until they're in red, preferably after a price drop (which won't happen), and I really should wait until I have a better-paying job. Hopefully I have the self-control to wait until at least one of those conditions is fulfilled.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:03 PM »
I'll buy it when worthwhile games start coming out.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
I tried it at Best Buy today and couldn't see the 3D very well.  Still, I'll probably get it when: I have an income, the second generation comes out, and/or Paper Mario 3D, Ocarina, etc. is released
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2011, 11:10:26 PM »
For those of you who have a 3DS, I have a couple of questions about Nintendo 3DS Sound:

1.  Can you arrange your songs into playlists?
2.  Is there a 'random song' option?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2011, 05:42:01 AM »
I didn't realize it could even play songs.

Although I haven't messed around with it much.  Just recorded a fraction of a second of audio to see how it worked.  I'm not sure.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
The 3D looked pretty good when I tried it at Best Buy.  I'm just gonna ask it for my birthday since it's about a few months away.  I'd kind of like to get it sooner to do some trading between my Soul Silver and Platinum, but this will save me money in the long run.  Heck, it's not like any of the games I want have a confirmed release date yet.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
It needs to be "late May" already.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
Replacing the battery screws up StreetPass, probably permanently.

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for the revision now. And don't say they're not doing one. I don't care what they said in Iwata Asks, they wouldn't have put the stylus where they did if they weren't already planning on a revision.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2011, 04:28:46 PM »
They can't make anything these days without having a revision planned.

Part of the reason I didn't jump all over getting a 3DS.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
You know, Nintendo's had a good track record with technical issues until now.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »
Eh. The DS line has its share of minor problems. Cracked hinges, dead pixels, L and R going on strike...

The Wii's all good though. Mine's quit reading discs a few times but that was my own [darn] fault for leaving it on all the time. I've... learned my lesson about that.

But will it work perfectly in 2026? Bet my SNES still will
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
I don't have one yet, for a variety of reasons well-covered by the majority of the internet, but I still have to ask... what the heck's up with no web browser at launch?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »
My DS phat is 6 years old, but it's still in pretty good condition.  No dead pixels, shoulder buttons work, no cracks.  The touch screen is a little scratched from use, but not terribly.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print