Print

Author Topic: Dragon Quest General  (Read 35480 times)

« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
From over twelve hours of treasure-hunting in Steel Moor of Fear lv. 47, I've obtained four Demon Whips, three Oh-No Bows, three Fuddle Bows, two Thug's Mugs, two Divine Dresses, at least twenty Hephaetus' Flames, well over thirty Mini Medals, about 15 phials each of Fitnessence/Agressence/Magic Water, five or six phials of Saint's Ashes, both pieces of maid equipment, a Brouhaha Boomstick, and one of pretty much everything in the Dangerous Bustier's chest rank except for the bustier itself. DEAUGHUAUGHH
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2010, 07:10:21 PM »
Reminds me of my days playing MapleStory and trying to get a pair of weighted earrings to drop from the only enemies I could fight that dropped them. Never got them...

Clearly Dragon Quest IX needs wands of polymorph.

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 06:10:06 AM »
I've been thinking about looking into Rocket Slime, but I've heard that the gameplay gets pretty repetitive. Would you agree?
Rocket Slime is a 800x (approx.) better game than DQIX.

And, having seen this thread and others discussing what games you, WeeGee, play and how you play them, you're inquiring in fear of repetitive gameplay. Are you ****ING joking me.

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
I find monotony for the sake of story advancement to be much more tolerable in an RPG than in an action/adventure game.

Anyway, I finally acquired that Simple Simon accolade, but with a different clothing combination than suggested by any online guides. Go figure.

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2010, 07:35:15 PM »
Thank God for Action Replay. I normally only use AR for things which are otherwise unobtainable to me, but some of these items might be an exception.

I ended up going into that level 58 dungeon again, sneaking my way through most of it, smashing Elusid at the bottom, and taking down three metal king slimes along the way (the last floor before the boss was all metal kings)

What type of grotto was this?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
I, uh...I'm really glad I wasn't going for 100% completion. And now I know Turtlekid would hate this game so much.

Also, it's a Silver Marsh of Bane.

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
This game would be any completionist's worst nightmare. For starters, maxing out the hero's revocation track in every class would require gaining a total of 11880 levels. :3

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
I, uh...I'm really glad I wasn't going for 100% completion. And now I know Turtlekid would hate this game so much.
I dislike the random drops and limited-chance bestiary in FFXIII, and those seem to be relatively simple.  I shudder to think of the crap I would have to put up with here because of my compulsion to 100% a game.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 07:04:58 PM »
What's the point of Clap Trap? The damage difference between it and a regular attack is negligible, so it seems like nothing more than a waste of 1 MP.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
I believe skills in general have a higher base chance of hitting than regular attacks, so it's useful against monsters with high evasion. And I haven't checked yet, but it may turn out that it ensures a hit on a metal monster if the user has metal slime gauntlets equipped.

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »
Warp, did you unlock any of the Quester's Rest cameo guests by tagging with your friend? If so, you can do quest #122 by setting your in-game birthday to the current date and talking to one of the famous guests.

EDIT: Regarding Clap Trap, it can apparently break the regular 1999-point damage cap, making it useful for Gladiators whose Coup de Grace has been activated.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:25:35 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
Grottoes are turning this game into a full-time job. Of the 59 I've completed, not one has contained a Bling Badger, and almost every one above level 80 has been ruins-type with ****ing Greygnarl as the boss. I just revocated my hero for the third time, meaning that I'll have to grind back up to level 99 before I start getting worthwhile maps again.

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
941 Metal Kings down, and counting.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
I haven't played in a while because I currently don't have access to a DS with a fully-working top screen. Also because I'd rather experience other games than an eternity of metal king slime-grinding.

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
I'm getting tired of it too; interesting new games just have yet to come along. Rocket Slime might be worth looking into sooner rather than later...

Coincidentally, my DS might be on its last legs as well. To be specific, the X, Y and B buttons have been occasionally "pressing" themselves, causing menus to open or commands to be cancelled unexpectedly. It hasn't seriously interfered with gameplay yet, but I'm concerned that it eventually will.

Print