Print

Author Topic: They Should Return the Fan Art Section  (Read 7913 times)

« on: January 02, 2011, 06:55:06 PM »
My favorite thing on TMK used to be the fan art and fan fiction sections. Seriously, those were some of the coolest things I had ever seen. Some were amaturish and some were professional, but they were all really fun to look at. I remember coming to this site one day and looking for it and I just couldn't find it. I was sad. I know there's an art forum, but it's just not the same, Anyone with me on this one?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
As I recall, we traded the fan art for the Ice Capades video, with a site that doesn't exist anymore.

I also recall being somewhat scarred the first time I saw that picture of Mario holding Yoshi's bloody disembodied head.

But yeah, I'd like to see that section back.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
The SMB Info Station took over our fan art, but then the site went down, and now it's back up at http://koopaprince.tripod.com without fan art.

I guess if there's enough demand, I'll consider starting up a fan art section again.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »
Returning it doesn't sound like a very good idea. I think it's too late to get a refund.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
As I recall, we traded the fan art for the Ice Capades video, with a site that doesn't exist anymore.

I also recall being somewhat scarred the first time I saw that picture of Mario holding Yoshi's bloody disembodied head.

But yeah, I'd like to see that section back.

Lol, dude, I was in that same place years ago, but I think it was worth it. I loved TMK's fan art. Too bad it's unlikely we''ll get enough people to actually get it back on TMK.

Also, I know the fanart was sent to a new site, and I also know that they disappeared from that site some time ago. I've seen a few familiar peices of artwork across the web,but most of them I couldn't find.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:55:50 PM by johnny1up »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:07:58 PM »
I think the fanart section should return. It was a unique way for people to show their appreciation and skills (or lack thereof) for the Mario series.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:15:56 PM »
I agree. Although the Fan Creations board is just as useful, a Fan Art section would get more viewing from non-forumers that visit the site. It could bring a few of them into the forum to add to the section as well.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
Ah, I remember that Luigi one.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:16 PM »
Instead of looking for the old artwork why don't we all create some new artwork for a artwork section?
Has anyone seen my wallet? >.<

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 01:41:16 PM »
Well, we do have the Fan Creations board for such things, but I'd still like to see the Fan Art section of the website return.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
Well, we do have the Fan Creations board for such things, but I'd still like to see the Fan Art section of the website return.

Yeah i just noticed that lol :)
Has anyone seen my wallet? >.<

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 08:57:37 PM »
Although we have the Fan Creations board that serves the same purpose, I guess a fanart section on the site would be handy for non-forum goers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print