Print

Author Topic: Mii Maker Audio Sync Issue  (Read 3766 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:11:04 AM »
Got a Wii U. MK8 bundle. Mii Maker, of course, has the main melody through the TV while the gamepad plays the percussion portion.

The first few times I used it, it was just fine and thought it was nifty. Now, the gamepad bit is just out of sync running about two-tenths of a second behind the TV. It's enough to make it noticeable and sort of annoying.

Asking other Wii U owners, I've either heard it's never been in sync for them, or it's always been in sync. Happened to you?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:12:37 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »
I don't have a Wii U, but maybe it has something to do with how much battery power the gamepad has?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
My TV has sound lag if I use HDMI. Because of this, I always use HDMI video and RCA audio with my systems. When the Wii U launched, it didn't have the option to split it up like this and so if I used HDMI, the GamePad sound would be real-time and the TV sound would be delayed, i.e., out of sync. I went back to component video until the patch that let you use HDMI for video only (with both of these methods the GamePad sound was of course perfectly in sync).

So, your TV doing digital processing with the HDMI is probably delaying your sound. Try hooking the Wii U up with RCA sound and see what happens.

Do you have any other systems using HDMI? If so, they probably have delayed sound too. You just may have never noticed.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »
Does your TV have a game setting?  Switching the Wii U input to game reduced my sound lag.  Also, I think I'm going to play games that allow it with the Pro or GCN controller and turn off the gamepad anyway. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »
This is the first system I've used with HDMI. I'll have to play around with the settings.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print