Print

Author Topic: Super Mario world record time?  (Read 3810 times)

« on: November 26, 2001, 09:51:42 AM »
Hi Mario fans!
I was wondering if you guys would happen to know what the world record time for Mario 1 is? In seconds, from pressing start in the beginning to jumping on the thing which drops Bowser down in level 8-4.
Thanks
Th - The Mario

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2001, 10:13:57 AM »
If you are talking about beating the game without using warp pipes, then it usually takes me about a half hour to beat the game...

If I do use warp pipes (including the secret one in World 4-2 that leads to World 8) then it usually takes me about 15 minutes...

Super Mario Bros. is one of my favorite Mario games! I had it for Game Boy Color but I gave my Game Boy Color to my little sister for her birthday... BAD IDEA! I now want a Game Boy Advance for Christmas...

Super Mario Advance for Game Boy Advance is one of the best Super NES ports I've seen on Game Boy! The graphics are exactly the same as the Super NES version of Super Mario Bros. 2, and the music is very good... (I love the little voices the characters yell when they throw items or die!)

I'm singing the theme song to Super Mario Bros. 2 right now...

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2001, 10:13:58 AM »
If you are talking about beating the game without using warp pipes, then it usually takes me about a half hour to beat the game...

If I do use warp pipes (including the secret one in World 4-2 that leads to World 8) then it usually takes me about 15 minutes...

Super Mario Bros. is one of my favorite Mario games! I had it for Game Boy Color but I gave my Game Boy Color to my little sister for her birthday... BAD IDEA! I now want a Game Boy Advance for Christmas...

Super Mario Advance for Game Boy Advance is one of the best Super NES ports I've seen on Game Boy! The graphics are exactly the same as the Super NES version of Super Mario Bros. 2, and the music is very good... (I love the little voices the characters yell when they throw items or die!)

I'm singing the theme song to Super Mario Bros. 2 right now...

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2001, 01:09:55 PM »
Ok, i was just wondering, cause i played it through in 7.23 (warps) and thought it wasn't too bad, i was running most of the time.
Great game !
Th - The Mario

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2001, 12:48:48 PM »
Hey, now I did it in 6.23!! Come on guys, post ur records!!!
Th - The Mario

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2001, 09:00:39 AM »
6.12 !! Beat that !
Th - The Mario

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2001, 01:32:39 PM »
died once
but it was at the beggining of a level
I also was very lucky with final bowser.

------------------------------
It is amazing what bordom does to you.
What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/originalmtre/
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2001, 02:30:47 PM »
Come on man, you're not telling me the truth here. 5.49 is IMPOSSIBLE, and I know it. There might be a chance to squeeze a couple of secs of my time but that much, never. I also had luck with bowser, I just ran and he jumped just when I was there. That is why this time is 10 secs better than the old one.

5.49 is impossible UNLESS you know a warp I don't.
You know how I know this? Because this time I really RAN ALL THE WAY and I didn't die!

So could you;
1. Please be so kind and tell me which warps you have used and
2. Tell me if you used any pipes on your way.

Thanks

Edited by - Thomas on 12/30/2001 12:32:16 PM
Th - The Mario

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2001, 05:50:26 PM »
Learn your mario facts!!!!!!!!! Super Mario World is not the first Mario Game!!! Super Mario bros is!!!!

sorry if that sounded rude
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2001, 09:36:42 PM »
dreamcast emulator
it skips half the frames.
my time on the nes is

What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2001, 03:14:35 AM »
Oh, ok. Could you explain what it does when it skips half the frames?
Did you play SMB on a dreamcast emulator?????

Red_Yoshi, yes I know that, if the message was meant to me.
Th - The Mario

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2002, 11:10:16 PM »
whwn it skips every other frame it actually makes it take out every other frame to make it run faster.
frames are like still images on new systems they display around 80-120 fps the nes is prob around 5-25. So if it skipped half the frames that is less work for the gpu or cpu and makes it run faster.

What has it done to you?
originalmtre@yahoo.com
Sign da Guest book
Loyal Member since
   10/14/2001

Print