Print

Author Topic: Errors in Mario Games  (Read 1750 times)

« on: December 18, 2001, 12:57:31 PM »
What are some amusing errors you know of? There are some in the Errata, here are some more.

Dr. Mario (NES)

Instructions on scoring: "Even if you clear more than six viruses, you only get points for clearing six." OK, it's not totally incorrect, but it could be misleading. Actually, you do get points, but the score for the viruses beyond number six is the same as that for number six. The SNES game manual for Tetris & Dr. Mario explains it better, and even gives a scoring example that makes clear another fact the NES manual doesn't: That the scores in the table are per virus. If you clear 3 viruses on MED, you don't get 800, but rather 200+400+800 points.

Mario's Picross

How to Play Screen: Mario says "If you make mistake, your remaining time will be reduced. But try not to panic!" SHouldn't it be "If you make A mistake. . ."?

Mario Party 3

Instructions: In the section on Bonus Stars, it says "Millennium Star: Awarded to the player who wins the most coins in Mini-Games." Isn't it the Mini-Game Star?

Well, that's all I can think of. If you know more, then post here!

P.S. I sent you the puzzle mode solutions that you wanted, Deezer. Please check your mail.

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2001, 07:49:39 PM »
Well, I dont' have any from Mario games. But there's this magazine about the Media world taht had an article about Mario (YAY!!!!) We read through it and... those idiots who made the magazine spelt Shigeru Myamoto's name wrong! They put Sigeru! They left out the "h" How rude!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 10:52:39 AM »
Actually, Sigeru is an alternate way to romanize Shigeru's name in romaji. It's not an actual spelling error, just an alternate romanization. There are two romanising system in the Japanese language, the Hepburn system and the Kunrei system.

The following site pretty much explains everything.
http://www.sungwh.freeserve.co.uk/sapienti/jkana-o2.htm

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 04:51:11 PM »
.......ya

Print