Print

Author Topic: Mario's Parents  (Read 12385 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2001, 06:26:42 PM »
But Brooklyn is in New York, not italy!

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2001, 03:09:58 PM »
Oh, adding the Morton Koopa Jr. thing into this equation, r_y?

ALL OF YOUR POST IS GARBAGE!!!

Sorry there, but seriously, why would Mario and Luigi be brought to an orange?

------------------
Don''t quote me on this, but I''m betting that pipe goes somewhere. ---Goombario

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2001, 03:36:42 PM »
wait . . . Mario's dad a space cowboy? could he be the Pikmin guy? I mean the name is similar if you get rid of the l and move the O i mar around you get Mar i o. Both games were made by Shigeru Myamoto, too.

Coincidence?
Perhaps.

† † â€

† Jesus lives. †

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2001, 04:35:02 PM »
Shigeru is just trying to make references to other things. Olimar's ship is the Dolphin, you know. And Shigeru said that 100 Marios was the 'framework' for Pikmin. Thus the name. Now I know it doesn't sound exactly like Mario, but let me explain:

All the way in Japan, Shiggy names the character Orima, which is a direct anagram of Mario, in fact it's almost backwards, but it's very hard to pronounce Oriam. So anyway, when Pikmin is imported to America, they have a problem. Orima translated into English is Olima, which is not an anagram of Mario anymore. So, they attach an R onto the end, and there you have it, Olimar. Boy o boy!

------------------
Don''t quote me on this, but I''m betting that pipe goes somewhere. ---Goombario

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2001, 06:30:34 PM »
ok but who is the koopa kids mom?

Print