Print

Author Topic: Anyone here making a Mario computer game?  (Read 35696 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2003, 09:17:34 PM »
Backgrounds? You mean like backdrop images? I'd say rip some from the games...
That was a joke.

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2003, 09:58:07 PM »
I would do that, but the screenshots of SMA always have bricks in the way, and I don't have a GBA emu or know how to rip the sprites from a GBA rom anyway...................

There's a LOT of strange bugs I just discovered. Most of these were undiscovered until now simply because no HUMAN could pull them off, but my COM Marios were doing such strange and lightning fast things to the control(they aren't really cheating, they still use the same commands as does the keyboard input from a human) that odd things like Marios walking upside down and Marios dieing but not being removed from the screen happen.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2003, 10:06:23 PM »
Hmm. Well, I guess I oughta get the latest version... anyway, I would think something like the SMAS-SMB3 backgrounds would be good...
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2003, 10:18:38 PM »
Those would be cool, but I had trouble finding them so I am going with classic SMB.

HTML turned of so that this post will take up less space on the forums.

I simply posted these to show that I am using parts of them to build my background in the game I am making.

<P>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>
<p>

Edited by - luigison on 6/20/2003 1:47:23 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2003, 10:20:21 PM »
...What was the point of that?
That was a joke.

« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2003, 09:30:40 PM »
Why exactly did you rip screenshots of all the SMB1 levels from the YY-Mario editor? SMB1 has no real backdrop images except for the 8-3 castle wall. Oh well, I'll just rip the ones from the SMAS battle minigame for now................

This topic isn't getting near as many replies as when I started it.........Where'd all the people that make Mario computer games go?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2003, 09:35:29 PM »
I don't think those are from YY-ME. I think they're from the TMK SMB Complete Guide.
That was a joke.

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2003, 06:05:42 PM »
Then Deezer must've been the one to rip them, oh well.

My new release will be a big upgrade, fixing numerous bugs, adding backgrounds and new floor patterns, a 1P adventure mode(don't know how big it will be for now), unlockable COM opponents(although they are pretty crappy, I'll give you that), and also more music and maybe even water levels.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2003, 06:16:01 PM »
I wish I could program as well as you...
That was a joke.

« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2003, 09:51:16 AM »
All I need now is a storyline for Adventure mode and I'll be able to release my new version................

(Adventure mode only goes up to Phase 30 right now, but that's all I can do right now.)

« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2003, 09:42:55 PM »
Now I have music and the backgrounds for the whole Adventure mode, but I STILL need a storyline....................

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2003, 07:56:10 PM »
FINALLY! You can get my newest version, 1.30, right here! It's had a full graphical/musical makeover! Play Adventure mode all the way through(it goes up to Phase 41, although the first few phases are still lacking in the music department), you won't be disappointed.

Here's a couple screenies of what my game looks like now. I took the second one while four COM Marios were battling.

Single Player

Multiplayer

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2003, 09:46:16 PM »
I'm adding items now.......but there's some bad problems. I made the item engine a long time ago, but up until now all it's done is work the POW Block. Now I'm trying to make the pipe spit out mushrooms at random.......but it's been so long I forgot how to work the item engine! I tried messing with it a little to enable pipe mushroom spitting.........but now the pipe randomly spits out POW blocks! Sigh, it's gonna be a long night................

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2003, 01:12:44 PM »
I want to play it now! POW Block-spitting pipes... sounds like fun.
That was a joke.

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2003, 05:27:59 PM »
Here is a homebrewn game, Super Smashed Bros.
http://fizzual.com/smashed.shtml

Print