Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 692170 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1680 on: May 19, 2003, 11:26:57 PM »
I must respond briefly.
I have to say that the plot was the only reason I was interested in The Matrix at all. But all the other stuff in the movie really threw me. With Reloaded, it would be even worse in the same direction. I like movies with action, but only action with a purpose.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1681 on: May 19, 2003, 11:40:50 PM »
CW and I agree on the story of a movie being paramount.

CW and I agree on a lot of things.

Heck, we could even be the same person.

Notice how Luigison learned the HTML secret, and soon after so did CW.

Also notice how Luigison commented on Matrix and CW agreed with him.

Finally notive how Luigison posted this and then CW responed...

----

"Politicians need to be more honest about lying."
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1682 on: May 19, 2003, 11:45:18 PM »
Ha! *I* responded. :P

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1683 on: May 19, 2003, 11:47:18 PM »
And yet I responded a minute later.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1684 on: May 19, 2003, 11:47:47 PM »
Okay, two minutes.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1685 on: May 19, 2003, 11:50:10 PM »
So, does this mean that Sapphira and Luigison are really the same person, or that Chupperson Weird and Sapphira are the same person.  Neither make "cents" to me, so I'll just tell you that I am really Xifer.

Ahh, I give up.

"Politicians need to be more honest about lying."

Edited by - Luigison on 5/19/2003 10:51:51 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1686 on: May 21, 2003, 08:02:27 PM »
Yes, you may be "Xifer", but you didn't tell me who the infamous XiZer is...

Hehehe...

And I haven't the attention span for movies, so I didn't see X2 OR The Matrix: Reloaded. I saw the first Matrix, though. I liked it greatly, do to the deep plot. I'm guessing that I won't like the Matrix: Reloaded too much... as I hear it's all action.

Actullay, the point of this post is to shamelessly plug my new fanfic (In the works, about 10% complete) which is tentatively titled "5 Little Mario Stories". Essentially, for a little teaser, it tells 5 stories, one for each of 5 major Mario characters... all occuring in the same day. Of course, that's only part 1...

There are a few references to The Third Attempt... but one can still easily understand the story without reading my first work.

Ya. That won't be for a couple months. Just giving some of the people who liked The Third Attempt something to wait for...

And yes, this one will be longer than 7 chapters.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1687 on: May 21, 2003, 08:12:54 PM »
Dang typos.

« Reply #1688 on: May 21, 2003, 08:33:16 PM »
TipeOS oUr FUn!1!!1
"Tetris: the movie"
Yeah, I can see that. A guy throwing bricks out of a window for 2 hours.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1689 on: May 21, 2003, 08:55:13 PM »
Groovy! Another story from the great Insane Steve. ;)

Oh yeah, I'm also working on another story, but if you think "The Prophecy"'s long, you ain't seen nothin' yet. So far I've completed 4 parts (which are about 10 pages longer than my other story, however it's written in descriptive style vs. shortened play-like format, so I guess the parts in both stories are about the same length.)

Anyhoo, with 4 parts already under my belt (hmm...I don't even HAVE a belt...), it's probably...oh...2/5 done (At about 120 pages so far). In fact, it's so long, I had to right down a plot summary for each scene so I wouldn't forget anything!

Anyhoo, I'll probably never EVER post it. It's...kind of "dirty." It mostly involves the dark secrets in the characters lives--current and in the past--as a mysterious threat looms in the air...
It also has an intricate ongoing plot of the incidents of their past lives in their late teenage years.  This story also clears up a lot of the fuzzy concepts in the Mario universe. (And, man, it has cameos--some unexpected ones--like you'd never believe! ...And a bunch of new appearances, too.)

Nevertheless, I'll probably never post it, as it is rather unappropriate, but I'm not even gonna THINK about it until I finish "The Prophecy," which'll be in a LONG time. BTW, it doesn't have a title yet.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #1690 on: May 21, 2003, 09:07:27 PM »
ANOTHER STORY AS GOOD AS THE PROPHECY?
I CANT WAIT!

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/21/2003 8:12:55 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1691 on: May 21, 2003, 09:17:33 PM »
*scratches head* 120 pages and you don't have a title yet. Riiiiight... I think that The Third Attempt and this upcoming fanfic will be a total of 120 pages about COMBINED.

And you said... 2/5? That's 300 pages! I'd NEVER be able to wirte anything that long... I think 75 (one side only) pages is the max for my style.

What's odder about my style... I absolutely CANNOT have my stories take place over a span of more than a month (In the world the story is set). SO... for me, no year-long time passes...

And Sapphira said she likely wouldn't post the new story... but ... come on! I am offended by nothing. Post it whenever. I'll likely read all 300 pages in my 1200 WPM reading style.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1692 on: May 21, 2003, 09:31:15 PM »
Heheheh...We'll see, we'll see... I'm REALLY not sure, though. I mean, the first SCENE is kind of inappropriate, not to mention later in the story. (Oh yeah, this story has a LOT more action starting off, unlike "The Prophecy." Hmm...starting in CH 2, I believe. Come to think of it, I don't think "The Prophecy"'s had ANY ACTION-action yet.

Oh yeah, Steve, this story (actually, it has a *tentative* title: "The Mario Legacy") mostly takes place in present time, with the scenes from their pasts like flashbacks (although the characters in the present AREN'T actually having a personal flashback), and they're scattered thru-out the story.

...I don't know WHY I'm saying all this. I'm never (most likely) gonna post it, and even so, it'd be in a LOOONG time...

--------------------

« Reply #1693 on: May 22, 2003, 12:18:40 AM »
I read this one story with loads of flashbacks on sm128c.com.It didnt make any sense,mario was supposed to be a kiler or something,& the koopa kids were teenagers,locked away in a prison cell by bowser....god it sucked!It was called "The Super Mario Saga" or something like that.

"One may as well hang for a stolen sheep as for a stolen lamb"
Ankle,Tingle younger brother,The Wind Waker
Find your inner monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1694 on: May 22, 2003, 12:33:38 AM »
Sapphira, I hate to say it, but I really think your mind's in the gutter. Or you have so much free time that this type of stuff is what your mind wanders into.

Anyway, I just beat OoT, and there was something else, pertaining to Sapphira, I believe.... aagh. Can't remember right now.
That was a joke.

Print