Print

Author Topic: Smithy Comeback???  (Read 4694 times)

« on: July 17, 2002, 08:15:07 AM »
Dear Mario Fans:
I thought that Smithy was going to return in Paper Mario (supposedly the sequel to Super Mario RPG) what happened?  Is he defeated or dead?  Thanks:)

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 09:17:48 AM »
You're an idiot. Paper Mario is not the sequel to Super Mario RPG. Square and Nintendo weren't working together at that point, so Nintendo couldn't use characters partially owned by Square.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 09:30:10 AM »
Frostbite I read this in Nintendo Power magazine so if you want to call someone an idiot call Nintendo Power Magazine an idiot.  Simmer down.  Life's too short to get so worked up over a simple question.  

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 08:14:33 PM »
No offence peach, but are you behind a little bit? Why would you ask a question like that now? Or have you not played Paper Mario?

Hey, it''s me, the local couch potato, hey look, I found some lint and a quarter...

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 08:38:37 PM »
I know that Bowser is the bad creature behind the Paper Mario plot.  I was just wondering why didn't they make it Smithy?  I now know.  I guess sometimes what one reads, has to take it as a rumor.  Nintendo Power is the "authority" in the Nintendo world but they also make mistakes.  So I guess this was one of them.  Shalom!  

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 09:37:46 AM »
Nintendo Power is not the Authority. NOJ is the authority.

Hey, it''s me, the local couch potato, hey look, I found some lint and a quarter...

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2002, 01:05:57 PM »
Call me stupid but I think it only comes out as a sequall in jappan.But paper mario begins
its own story.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 04:25:15 AM »
Hey! watch the name calling kids are on this site look whos calling who an idiot I know paper mario was called mario rpg in japan but the only idiot is the one with the crazy philosophy at the end of his letters peach didn't know so stop yelling at her or I'm gonna report you to the owner of this site and have you banned from this message board

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 09:32:33 AM »
Hey!I was calling myself stupid!I dont like flame wars!Read it again!Please!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2002, 12:05:48 PM »
Paper Mario in Japan is Mario Story. Mario Story does not sound like a sequel to Super Mario RPG, does it?

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2002, 03:54:59 PM »
To Stan Rose i wasn't talking about you I was talking about frostbite I didn't know what it was called because I don't want to shell out {no pun intended} over 65 dollars for a game to a system that is long dead and buried

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2002, 08:16:12 PM »
I allways thought it was the sequel. It's an rpg. Mario is a silent hero. The save blocks look familiar. Bowser is just thevillain and the graphics have changed, really.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2002, 09:08:03 PM »
Four things:

N64 games are now about 10-15 dollars.

Paper Mario's name when it was still being produced was SMRPG2.

Smithy was killed in SMRPG.

This is to kingbowserkoopa:
Learn to type in puntuation marks. Don't deny the rights of others! If you think Paper Mario is still 65 bucks then you need a life. Go eat a Green Mushroom!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2002, 12:13:09 AM »
For your information, I've seen Paper Mario in stores, brand new, and they're $50-$60! They still sell those games for high prices. Mario 64 and Mario Kart go for $40! So where are you getting your info that they're $10-$15? Must be at used game stores, then. Because they don't sell them that cheap where I live.
King Bowser Koopa

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2002, 07:51:08 PM »

Edited by - goodie on 8/16/2002 7:02:50 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Print