Print

Author Topic: SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE!  (Read 3425 times)

« on: August 26, 2002, 08:20:19 AM »
Yay! Super Mario Sunshine is now being shipped out! that also means that people who reserved at Wal-Mart.com get it today! Cool. I love this game.

Metal Mario rides Golden Yoshi,
Mario rides Yoshi,
Metal Mario rides Yoshi,
Mario rides Golden Yoshi...Gee, combinations ARE confusing!

(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 09:11:32 AM »
Dude!  I can't wait to play it!!!  My friend has already played it at wal-mart!  Sadly, I DONT HAVE A GAMECUBE!  But, I know for a fact I'll be getting one for Christmas on a count of that's the only thing Ive been asking for the whole summer!  Yeah, I can't wait to play that game!

GOD #1  Nintendo #2
GOD #1  Nintendo #2

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 09:28:04 AM »
I've reserved mine at a Gamestop, and it comes tomorrow. Is it just me, or is today going by veeeerrrrrry slowly for everyone else, too?

King Boo isn't dead! He will return...

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 12:28:17 PM »
Fortunately, I got to play a demo version of Super Mario Sunshine at GameStop yesterday. 5 words: Oh my God...PARADISE FOUND! It is such a fantastic game, alot better than what I expected! It uses the same game engine from Super Mario 64. Mario has most of his classic moves from Super Mario 64, anmd they are alot easier to perfrom. The water pump is easy to use, and it's really fun using it's hovering mode to hover over the sludge and enemies...

There were six levels to choose from in the demo version. I played about four of them. My favorite one was set in the harbor, with the wire grating similar to Super Mario World. The levels are HUGE--about 5 times the size of a level found in Super Mario 64. The amount of freedom adds alot of variety to the game as well. You can practically go anywhere and do anything--there is NO time limit!

The graphics...think of Super Mario 64 on steroids. So much detail, no blurriness, no loss of framerate or annoying pop-up! Mario has never looked so awesome! You can actually see his fingers!

I have two words to say before I end this ranting: Best-seller! You must buy Super Mario Sunshine, trust me. If you liked Super Mario 64, then you'll love Super Mario Sunshine.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 01:39:58 PM »
good review...

GOD #1  Nintendo #2
GOD #1  Nintendo #2

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 03:44:04 PM »
I just got the new Nintendo Power today, and the cover features Super Mario Sunshine. It also has some stuff in it, like Mario's moves and the story and a guide to Delfino Plaza. Also, I've learned that the butler guy's name is...Toadsworth! i thought it was Rugworth, but I was close...

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 03:53:18 PM »
I was hoping to get the September issue of Nintendo Power today, but it didn't come. And I live in Washington, only a couple of hours from Redmond (NOA's headquarters)! Oh well, maybe tomorrow . . . and then the Super Mario Sunshine Bundle Pak the next day! Oh yeah!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 04:33:32 PM »
Maybe his name in Japan is Rugworth.

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 06:19:08 PM »
His name is ..ohh, I forgot. I think it's something to do with Kinopio... not worth... I want the new NP!!!

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 02:00:37 PM »
No, it's Toadworth. Believe me, I got the game today.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 08:51:53 PM »
I know it's Toadsworth in the American version. I got it today as well. I was meaning his name in the Japanese version.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print