Print

Author Topic: SMA4 = SMB3  (Read 5248 times)

« on: September 12, 2002, 02:39:56 PM »
'nuff said

P.S.  an uncomplete MUCCA card list is at http://www.geocities.com/celetheref/mucca.txt
I will post the rules soon.  I hope I will submit the project to Nintendo sooner or later.

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 07:57:57 PM »
NONONONONONO HOLD ON WAAAAAAIT A minute here. Your game wasn't even an original idea! Now, ours was the original idea, and we reserve the right to talk to Nintendo about it first, as I said on the CCG topic page, and on the page I put up about our game. Why couldn't you have just kept yours as an independent idea instead of a Mario one?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/14/2002 12:20:04 AM
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 08:03:20 PM »
Talk to NINTENDO first!? LAW SUIT!? Like you could REALLY get your Mario card game published by Nintendo! In other words, it DOESN'T really matter.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2002, 01:05:45 AM »
Yes, we could. So you just hold your horses. Like I said before, we already copyrighted the idea. Oh, and you were basically saying that YOU have no chance of doing anything with Nintendo either, right? Because I guarantee you have less of a chance than we do. Now, I'm not trying to be self-righteous or anything, but I mean COME ON!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/14/2002 12:22:16 AM
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2002, 09:10:15 AM »
I'm not even going to TRY to do anything with Nintendo, since I don't think they would care about one or even ten pittling fans and their game. Now, maybe if you could get HUNDEREDS or maybe THOUSANDS of fans to sign a petition for a Mario CCG, then you might be able to speak with them.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2002, 10:25:04 PM »
So, does it say on the site that SMB3 will be SMA4? That would be good.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2002, 08:38:28 AM »
hum... sure you can copyright games, but I don't think you can buy the right of telling Nintendo first about making a new product.
No way guy, Nintendo must be able to choose from multiple projects and pick the one that suits them the most. You are stopping the freedom of commerce and...

okay, you go first.

I read about the SMA4 thing on an Italian site and they added  "this is not confirmed yet, but Nintendo will do very soon"
That's what I know for now.

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2002, 08:42:01 AM »
hum... sure you can copyright games, but I don't think you can buy the right of telling Nintendo first about making a new product.
No way guy, Nintendo must be able to choose from multiple projects and pick the one that suits them the most. You are stopping the freedom of commerce and...

okay, you go first.

I read about the SMA4 thing on an Italian site and they added  "this is not confirmed yet, but Nintendo will do very soon"
That's what I know for now.

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 04:32:24 PM »
Very unlikely.  SMB3 was such a popular game that they probably don't want it to be a Super Mario Advance, and just wanna release it alone.  Like, I thought you guys were a lot smart when you found out SMA3 wasn't gonna be it, for it was Yoshi's Island.  SMA4 is obviously not going to be SMB3.  Probably Yoshi's Story.  SMB3 will probably just have like a special release.  Come on, the order wouldn't go that crazy!

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2002, 05:42:38 PM »
You ALL missed something:

1. CCG Debate-You can't send ideas to Nintendo! I already tried with my GBA Internet Link Cable© idea!

2. SMA4 Debate-Yoshi's Story cannot be on GBA, as Yoshi's Story is a 64-bit game and GBA is only a 32-bit system. I personally think that SMB3 will be SMA4.

Think about it:

SMA =SMB2
SMA2=SMW
SMA3=SMW2
SMA4=SMB3

Does anyone else see the relationship? The first SMA was a port of Game #2 in a series, SMA2 was the port of the first game in a series, SMA3 is the port of the second game in a series, and SMA4 will be the port of the third game in a series.

Let's review that:

SMA =Game #2 in a series
SMA2=Game #1 in a series
SMA3=Game #2 in a series
SMA4=Game #3 in a series

If only I could do bold text...

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2002, 07:59:24 PM »
I am not even going to talk about the card games anymore. (But the idea is still © me and GoombaDoom.)

If Yoshi's Story is impossible on GBA, how do you explain the tech demo featuring that very game? Anyway, it is definitely possible, even if they had to rewrite it. It is 2D, and the GBA is capable of all the scaling needed to make it look the same as the N64 version, albeit at a lower resolution. Anyway, I am hoping that SMB3 will be SMA4...
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2002, 04:37:00 PM »
Wow!  You're pretty thick.  It was revealed completely that GBA had the capabilities to handle Yoshi's Story.  It was revealed as a preview for an actual upcoming game, and it says in NP that it actually is upcoming!  SMB3 probably has more valuable plans, cause they wouldn't just screw up the order like that.  So if you don't believe me, check out IGN!

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2002, 04:43:41 PM »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2002, 09:35:48 PM »
They already have messed up the order pretty bad. I really do think that SMA4 will be SMB3, and, of course, YSt will be on there sometime as well.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2002, 02:15:02 PM »
You might be right, but I'm going to stick by my thoughts.  Before SMA3 came out, I was the only one who thought Yoshi's Island was going to be it, but everyone argued with me and said SMB3.  I stuck by my thoughts, until finally I started agreeing.  And it turned out I was right.  I'm sure they do have bigger plans for SMB3, being the best game and all.

Print