Print

Author Topic: Anything you want to talk about.  (Read 7711 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2003, 01:41:31 AM »
Black Mage and Chupperson, you guys gave me quite a chuckling. I don't think anything you said is stupid or unreasonable, but in certain ways it's funny. Let me explain . . .

Black Mage gives this huge explanation on his thoughts of Final Fantasy, Square, PlayStation, etc. After that are just three short sentences about Star Fox. Then Chupperson replies by saying, "Well, I'm an abnormally large fan of SFA . . ." and doesn't even TOUCH the subject of Final Fantasy. That's funny!

The other thing that got me going is what Black Mage said: "Just because it doesn't run 100,000,000 polygons a second, or a few hour long summons, it's probably better than any game released in the last two or even three years." I understand what he’s getting at, but the sarcasm is funny (in other words, it's good)! Especially great is "a few hour long summons"—we all love those, don't we!

Chupperson, you're the one pictured at the URL below, right? My hair is pretty short. I have thought that it'd be neat to try growing it out nice and long, but it'd also be a hassle to clean, comb/brush, and such.

http://matthewenterprises.tripod.com/index_files/image007.jpg
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2003, 02:03:21 AM »
I probably shouldn't do this, but you can see a picture of me on the first webpage I ever made at:

http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/personal_homepage.html

I used Yahoo! Pagebuilder to make the page, but I now do everything in raw html and javascript.

--> Åñím@l ©®ø$$íñ9â„¢ Now Only ß49.99 <--
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2003, 02:17:13 AM »
Alert all Mario fans.  Check out this cool instant win Mario game.

http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/alertallmariofans.htm

Sorry, the page isn't very creative, but what do you expect in the early morning minutes.

Edited by - Luigison on 1/26/2003 12:22:21 AM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2003, 03:23:26 PM »
"Luigison is . . . around 30 somewhere, I think." –Chupperson in "A Couple Questions for One DEEZER"

It looks like you were right, Chupperson.

Luigison, those javascript pop-up window things you make are funny.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2003, 03:45:32 PM »
If you think that was cool, check out what I can do on your computer:

http://www.geocities.com/dennisshows/your_computer.htm

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2003, 08:24:53 PM »
Black Mage, I agree with your views entirely. Unfortunatly for people like us, the world's gone shallow. Here is an example: A promo for a new show on ABC (I saw it during the Super Bowl)

---TYPED WITH PLENTY OF RAGE, HAMMERING ON THE KEYBOARD, PRETTY MUCH---

"He has an IQ of over 180..."
"She is a world-class musician..."
"He has 4 Gold med---

SO WHAT???????????????

Is she HOT? Is he HOT?????? Are YOU hot?

Welllllll, so in other words, unless you look good, no matter how intelligent, talented, or athletic you are, you're a waste of a human life, according to ABC.

WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT ABC????????????? I GUESS THAT MAKES ME A WASTE OF A HUMAN LIFE THEN. AND I AM D@MN PROUD TO BE A WASTE OF A HUMAN LIFE BY YOUR CRAPPY STANDARDS!!!!

ABC is now offically on my "10 most hated People, groups, things, or companies" list. Maybe even in the top 5.

All I am saying is, the world's gone shallow. There's no room for non-shallow people like me.

FIGHT THE SHALLOW REVOLUTION!!!!! (As futile as it may be)

Everyone has their own opinions, no matter how WRONG they are.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2003, 10:35:35 PM »
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. You will become one with the collective.

Okay, forget that. I agree, the world has hopelessly lost view of stuff that really matters, in real life and in the game industry.
Ya want shallow? How about that dippy Shania Twain and her idiotic song! I can't stand that epitome of shallow thinking!!!!

I neglected to say anything about Final Fantasy, because I haven't played any of the PSX/PS2 games, and I've only played Final Fantasy II(IV) and III(VI?) for SNES. I know virtually nothing about Final Fantasy games. There's nothing I can really say. I can say a heckuva lot more about Star Fox.

And yeah, that's me in that picture, about a year ago, I think.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/26/2003 8:38:34 PM
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2003, 09:38:18 PM »
The Borg are the best enemies in Star Trek in my opinion.

Big cities attract shallow people, and the media is located in those big cities. The media has a wide influence; most or all of what you guys are talking about either IS the media or is directly affected by it.

One thing we can do to prevent ourselves from becoming shallow and hollow is help people who are that way to cease being so, in any way we can, rather than condemn them for it.

To be me is to be devoid of Special Powers.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2003, 11:58:29 PM »
Most shallow people I know try to condemn me for not being shallow. And they freak out when I speak with a British accent.

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2003, 12:58:32 AM »
Yes, they do that. It's a part of being shallow. But condemning them back doesn't help.

To be me is to be devoid of Special Powers.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2003, 12:37:53 AM »
True, true.
So, you like Star Trek?

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2003, 02:02:45 AM »
Yes, I do. I've seen an amazing number of episodes and movies for someone who doesn't label himself as a "Trekkie" or a "Trekker." The reason I've seen so much Star Trek is that my older brother, who has since gone off to college, was a huge fan, and I usually watched it with him. (My dad likes the show as well.) I pretty much stopped watching when he moved out, which was after Deep Space Nine ended and when Voyager was somewhere in the middle of its life. When my bro was here during Christmastime 2002, though, we watched Star Trek: Nemesis together. I like those Next Generation movies.

Subject-wise, we have jumped all over the place in this thread. That's what happens in most threads. But it's a good thing here because the topic is "Anything you want to talk about."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2003, 01:02:17 AM »
Yes, this is even stranger than the Mario Bar.
Anyway, I think I'd call myself a Trekker, because I have on tape every episode of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise, and almost all of the original series, all the movies except First Contact (which I, sadly, haven't seen yet,) every issue of Star Trek: The Magazine, plus many, many action figures...
So, was Nemesis good? I haven't gotten a chance to see that one yet either...
That's the one thing you can really get me started talking about besides Star Wars, LotR, and Nintendo games: Star Trek.
Oh yeah, and I've been to the Trek Expo convention here in town many times as well. I even helped Robert Picardo remember the name of a Voyager episode he was talking about. He couldn't remember which one it was, so I got up and yelled "NOTHING HUMAN!" and then he was like "Oh, yes, thank you, that's right..."

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/29/2003 11:04:56 PM
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2003, 02:20:14 AM »
Wow, that is amazing on multiple levels.

You have A LOT of Star Trek. The sheer number of episodes you have recorded and other things you own is impressive.

Beyond that, it's rather astounding that you have all this, are totally into Star Trek, and haven't seen First Contact. It is usually said to be the best of the Next Generation movies. I put it this way because I'm not sure I like it better than the others. It is a great movie, though. It has some funny parts, the action is sweet, and there are some parts in it that are just plain neat. You need to see it.

Nemesis is also good. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it. However, if you have a choice to see either it or First Contact, I suggest you choose First Contact.

Now I must ask: which do you like better, Star Trek or Star Fox?

That's interesting. I also really like Nintendo, The Lord of the Rings,* Star Trek, and Star Wars. (In that order? I'm not sure.)

*I'm more a fan of the books than of the movies, but I enjoy them both.

Edited by - Watoad on 1/30/2003 10:31:48 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2003, 11:22:47 PM »
Geez, that's a hard question. I've been a fan of Star Trek since before I was born (don't ask me how), and yet I am completely enamored with Star Fox (for the time being, at least). I don't think I like either of them better than the other, but I do like the Star Fox games better than the Star Trek video games. Although the 25th anniversary game for NES is pretty cool...
Another strange thing is, I know a good deal about First Contact, the story, characters and everything, and yet, have never had a chance to see it.
...Wait, I did, but I was 11 (I think) then, and very cautious about PG-13 movies.

That was a joke.

Print